[1.1.x] Recent Posts Forum Index (Smf Style) [Paid] [Deleted]

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

Recent Posts Forum Index (Smf Style) (version 1.0) - Recent Posts Forum Index (Smf Style)

This mod will add the most recent posts of your forum at the bottom of your board index. Kinda liek Smf does but in more advanced way. Invisible posts and posts started by banned members will not show up. Also the group/groups that does/have not permissions to view a forum, will not be able to see the posts from the forum/forums that they are not allowed to view. And the posters names will be styled if the group they belong to is styled.

Installation. First unzip the mod package and ftp the...

Read more about this resource...

Seems some performance issues exists with this:

PHP:
# Time: 120730 10:34:19
# User@Host: xxxx[xxxx] @ localhost []
# Query_time: 99.313858  Lock_time: 0.000049 Rows_sent: 5  Rows_examined: 807237
SET timestamp=1343662459;
SELECT post.*, thread.*, user.*,^M
                        forum.title AS node_title, forum.node_id AS node_id^M
            FROM xf_post AS post^M
            LEFT JOIN xf_thread AS thread ON (thread.thread_id = post.thread_id)^M
            LEFT JOIN xf_user AS user ON (user.user_id = post.user_id)^M
                        LEFT JOIN xf_node AS forum ON (forum.node_id = thread.node_id)^M
                        WHERE NOT ISNULL(thread.thread_id) ^M
            AND post.message_state = 'visible'^M
                        AND user.is_banned = 0^M
                        GROUP BY post.post_id^M
            ORDER BY post.post_date DESC^M
        LIMIT 5;

Every time I enable this product it adds seconds to the page load and shows up in slow query log.....

PHP:
# Time: 120801 14:19:19
# User@Host: xxxx[xxxx] @ localhost []
# Query_time: 11.521370  Lock_time: 0.000028 Rows_sent: 5  Rows_examined: 807532
use cruising_xen;
SET timestamp=1343848759;
            FROM xf_post AS post^M
                        AND user.is_banned = 0^M
                        GROUP BY post.post_id^M
        LIMIT 5;

PHP:
# Time: 120801 14:20:14
# User@Host: xxxxl[xxxx] @ localhost []
# Query_time: 10.157922  Lock_time: 0.000024 Rows_sent: 5  Rows_examined: 807532
SET timestamp=1343848814;
            FROM xf_post AS post^M
                        AND user.is_banned = 0^M
                        GROUP BY post.post_id^M
        LIMIT 5;

I have a simple request. The addon is working perfectly for me. However I AM having a 'small' width issue and I would like to tweak with it a bit. Some of the members names are fairly long so that is forcing the width of the forum to stretch the boundaries. I would like to try to make the "Recent Posts" or "Post Date" a little smaller? Here's an image:

IMG_0898[1].webp

Are the performance issues being fixed in an update? Is this compatible with 1.2.x? I'll buy this instead of making it again myself. Does it work with the responsive design?

Is this plugin still being actively supported? Can I get the recent posts box at the top of the forum listing? Thanks.

Thanks. I noticed you are looking for a buyer for all your mods. This sort of worries me. You no longer plan to develop for XenForo? I mean I do not expect lifetime of updates and support but a few months would be nice!

Top Bottom