Random IP Ban notices for users (Help!)

I'm having a quite annoying problem with my XenForo installation (Latest 1.1.1). I also had this problem before on the earlier 1.1.0 I think it was.

People will be browsing my forums then it will say that they have been IP banned from the forums, but if they clear their cache it seems to work fine again. I'm not sure what's causing this and I've found noone with this issue.

The people aren't actually IP banned and their not in the Admin CP, but it gives them the notice and they can't browse for about an hour.

Any help with this?

Are you using a proxy service like Cloudflare? I assume you have actually banned an IP in XenForo -- what have you banned? If you haven't banned an IP, then it is either an add-on or something outside of XenForo itself.

I haven't banned any IP addresses, mostly since they are random and occur with anyone. I DO use CloudFlare, but why would CloudFlare make a XenForo pop-up notice? Because it shows the XenForo IP ban notice, not CloudFlare.
THOUGH, one of my members has been blocked by CloudFlare for attacks apparently. But then again I host game servers, getting attacked is pretty common.

I haven't banned any IP addresses, mostly since they are random and occur with anyone. I DO use CloudFlare, but why would CloudFlare make a XenForo pop-up notice? Because it shows the XenForo IP ban notice, not CloudFlare.
THOUGH, one of my members has been blocked by CloudFlare for attacks apparently. But then again I host game servers, getting attacked is pretty common.

Also the person that is IP banned from CloudFlare apparently can't use our voice server since it's voice.*MyDomain*.com, but that's Cloudflare, not Xenforo.

Are you sure it's a XenForo message? A screenshot would help.

Also, taking your site out of CloudFlare's system would probably be the best test.

Are you sure it's a XenForo message? A screenshot would help.

Also, taking your site out of CloudFlare's system would probably be the best test.
It's one of those XenForo popups, It's the one that uses the skins CSS. I don't have any screenshots.

I will remove CloudFlare later, that could well be the problem I guess.

Top Bottom