Not planned Powered by Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Just a simple idea to tidy up avertisements from mods, but still credit the authors.

Im sure youve all seen forums on VB.

All times are GMT. The time now is 8PM.
Powered by Vbulletin Version
Copyright 2010 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Serch engine optimisation by VBSEO
Theme By XYZ
Extra Tabs by ABC
Raiting system by TYU

On top of that some authors also include credits on the mod pages and elsewhere.

I think we all agree it gets messy. So why not have a "powered by page"

Any mod installed gets a link in to that page by default just by title from importing it, and then if people want to see what addons you use, they can just go look for themselfs.

Simples.

Upvote 16
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This would also require consent from the mod/add-on authors.
Most of them I suspect would prefer to have their details listed on the specific page, if it's a portal or chat for example.

If they are willing to do this then it would indeed make things a lot neater and professional looking.

This would also require consent from the mod/add-on authors.
Most of them I suspect would prefer to have their details listed on the specific page, if it's a portal or chat for example.

If they are willing to do this then it would indeed make things a lot neater and professional looking.
Valid point.

Why not have a little extending tab in the footer like we have the for forum display options for third-party credits? Search engines still see it but it cleans up our website.

There is of course a reason it's all in the footer; no one is going to look in a powered by page, the footer is where these notices benefit from. If you don't want them you need to buy branding free, donate the coder or look for alternatives ...

There is of course a reason it is all in the footer; no one is going to look in a powered by page, the footer is where these notices benefit from. If you don't want them you need to buy branding free, donate the coder or look for alternatives ...

Consider it this way, most of the time the people installing these mods have enough know-how to remove these notices on their own to make the site look more proffessional. I do it for sure. At least this way there will be some recognition, which, I would be happy to have a dedicated page if it were implemented.

There is of course a reason it is all in the footer; no one is going to look in a powered by page, the footer is where these notices benefit from. If you don't want them you need to buy branding free, donate the coder or look for alternatives ...
only view people who cares about the name and address of the developer
a lot of admin including me would agree to include a separate page

Consider it this way, most of the time the people installing these mods have enough know-how to remove these notices on their own to make the site look more proffessional. I do it for sure. At least this way there will be some recognition, which, I would be happy to have a dedicated page if it were implemented.
Hopefully you're not saying that you remove 3rd party copyright notices, etc., without having a branding free license.

Hopefully you're not saying that you remove 3rd party copyright notices, etc., without having a branding free license.

The only thing I leave on my VB forum is the powered by vbulletin notice. If I didn't remove the other addons id probably have 8 more lines of junk there.

Hense my suggestion. This is a solution I would be happy with.

This is entirely what im saying. The only thing I leave on my VB forum is the powered by vbulletin notice. If I didn't remove the others id probably have 8 more lines of junk there.

If I did that, I surely wouldn't be admitting it publicly.

It matters to a helluva lot of coders who put in long hours to code an add-on for our use, and release it for free.
No, I understand that, I meant that it doesn't really matter if he/she posts it publicly, nothing will come of that post. :)

No, I understand that, I meant that it doesn't really matter if he/she posts it publicly, nothing will come of that post. :)
heh true. I just think it takes alot of nerve to admit, on a site full of coders, that you remove their copyright when you d/l their products. :eek:

This is entirely what im saying. The only thing I leave on my VB forum is the powered by vbulletin notice. If I didn't remove the others id probably have 8 more lines of junk there.

It matters to a helluva lot of coders who put in long hours to code an add-on for our use, and release it for free.

It surely does matter for a lot of coders/designers trying to make a name for themselves and or gaining traffic for their premium site. I myself can't stand putting 10-20hrs in (say a vb4 style) a design I do for free and find out people are removing the footer link. Makes me not even want to contribute. I try and decrease the font sized used so it is not a eyesore. I understand you idea but its something people are not going to agree with. Announcing you remove the links is just asking for flames..

We all know that a lot of admin do remove the links in the footer this is just a solution that would satsify both party
something better than nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom