PayPal Error

Shaun Mason

I received this via email from PayPal and I am not sure how to resolve the issue. Any ideas?

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing: MYURL

When and where do you get that error message? I don't believe IPN is used by xenForo.

More generally... if paypal callbacks are failing (e.g. if payments are going through but users are not being upgraded) then here are some things you can check:

1) Make sure your board URL is correct:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Board URL

2) Note that the paypal callbacks don't work if your forum is behind a htaccess login.

3) Login to your paypal account and make sure the payment in question is listed as completed.

Well, the file is correct - and I'm assuming the domain/path is correct.

Can you look at the xf_user_upgrade_log table? Are there records in it? Can you send me the contents of it?

It's a shame that they don't give more information as to what's happening, but hopefully that table should shine a light on it.

I am having this same issue! Had my forum imported from VB to XF today and now I get this: Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

I am not sure why this is happening...never happened with VB.

I am having this same issue! Had my forum imported from VB to XF today and now I get this: Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

I am not sure why this is happening...never happened with VB.

I am guessing you have an old vB IPN URL in your Paypal settings on paypal.com. You need to remove that if your vB forum is removed.

Top Bottom