XF 1.3 Outdated Templates Issues

Daniel-SP

Hello guys,

As its the first time I upgrade an style, Im not familiar with the outdated templates tool.

I have a main style for the updates releases and a second one for my customizations.. I have received some warnings about outdated templates and tryed carefully to handle them.

Now that I think that I'm almost over, I still get the warinings but xenforo is making a confusion into my mind. After I have updated the template, its saying that still need to add another setence but its creating duplicities. Let me try to reproduce:

On "navigation" template, I get the following merging suggestion:

Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}" rel="nofollow"><i class="fa fa-file-text fa-lg fa-fw" style="padding-right:7px;"></i>{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}} <xen:include template="unread_posts_count" /></a></li>

That should be updated to:
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}" rel="nofollow"><i class="fa fa-file-text fa-lg fa-fw" style="padding-right:7px;"></i>{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}} <xen:include template="unread_posts_count" /> <xen:include template="unread_posts_count" /></a></li>

The first time I edited it, it asked me to include a "
<xen:include template="unread_posts_count" />" block. I did it and saved. Now its asking me to add it AGAIN.

If I follow it and put it again, it asks to add another time ( would be 3 times) and it never ends.

What I'm doing worng ?

Thanks

It's showing up as outdated even after you edit and save the changes?

This makes me think that the style is for a version newer than the one you're running. This isn't really a circumstance that was expected.

Which style is it?

This resource explains how to install, use and upgrade third party styles.

UI.X. I have followed their guide.

I don't have any skin, so I installed the Parent one and the Child for my updates. I have done all my changes on the child one and today I updated the Parent with their last version.

All my changes are still working without any problem.. I just want to get rid of these outdated templates warnings

Hello guys, I'm still with the same warnings. Any solution or anything I did worng ?? I followed all the updating guides provided by the theme developer.

Have you contacted @Audentio directly at his support site? He's pretty good about getting back with you on support issues.
Is it telling you that a merge is not possible? If so, you need to manually revert and then apply the changes again.

If you want, you can convo me and I will be happy to take a look at it.

They have a great support, anyway, the software is reporting me it and not the framework.

And the other point is that the xenforo is saying that its outdated when its not too.. So I don't think they will have much to help me clean those template conflicts since the conflicts are solved..

Are you running any caching on the server. If so, restart php and the http server.
Copy your text in your one that is showing outdated to a text editor and then revert it and re-apply those edits. Or have you already done that?

See my comment/question above. Having that clarification would be helpful.

A screenshot of the whole outdated template page (header and all) might add a bit of clarity.

It's showing up as outdated even after you edit and save the changes?.

Yeah !

Before taking the ss, let me ask.. Checking the outdated templates main screen, I have seen the following:

navigation Custom Version: 1.3.0, Parent Version: 1.3.1

Actually my xenforo version is 1.3.0 and my theme actualy supports 1.3.1.. This might be the problem that its making this mistake ??

Suggestion.... upgrade to 1.3.2 - there is no reason not to.

Yes, that's what I meant by:

Hello guys,

Thanks for the support so far. I have updated the xenforo to 1.3.2 and The outdated templates are looking according to the attached images.

Mike, you asked for a screenshoot of the problems.. As far as I saw, xenforo is asking me to add a code that already exisits. I attached 2 merge screens about it too.

I actually have 3 outdated templates warnings:
1 - navigation_visitor_tab: have those 2 merged errors that I can see when clicking on View Template Modifications (attached merge1 and merge2)
2 - footer: have the same type of error of merge1 screen.. I have the block and he asks in green to add the same blocks again without any red highlight.
3 - navigation: theresn't any highlight .. neither green nor red .. but its saying that its outdated.

Attachments

• merge1.webp
    merge1.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 14
  • merge2.webp
    merge2.webp
    19.2 KB · Views: 13
  • outdateTemplates.webp
    outdateTemplates.webp
    9.7 KB · Views: 13
Try a rebuild of master index. I'm on my phone but at least two of those look related to an add-on.

If worst comes to worst uninstall that add-on then install it again.

Try a rebuild of master index. I'm on my phone but at least two of those look related to an add-on.
Yeah.. they are from addons.. but, does it justify ? I have many other addons that edit templates and they are not accusing.

Rebuild Master Index you mean about cache ??If yes, I just did it and everything is the same.

Yeah.. they are from addons.. but, does it justify ? I have many other addons that edit templates and they are not accusing.

Rebuild Master Index you mean about cache ??If yes, I just did it and everything is the same.
It could be something with that add-on. I notice that the placement appears different and not sure if that could trigger it.

By rebuild master index I mean navigate to your domain.com/install and select rebuild master index.

It should be a button indicator.

Do you have any non-template edits that you have applied to that one?
If nothing else, copy the existing template data over to a text file and then revert it and then replace your edits.

Do you have any non-template edits that you have applied to that one?
If nothing else, copy the existing template data over to a text file and then revert it and then replace your edits.

Bro, Xenforo is asking me to redo things that are already done... As I shown on the sample. So:

I have: A
Xenforo says to change to: AA

If I put AA, it asks to change to AAA... and so on.

Check my "merge2" screen and you will understand what Im taking about. I have the part of the code and its asking me to add a identical block. If I double it, it will ask me to put the 3rd time ... It never ends. Got it ?

I have no edits on them...

If you've upgraded to 1.3.2 then editing those templates (even just a minor change) will stop them from appearing on that list.

The issue relates to having a style installed that's based on a newer version of XenForo (or an add-on) than what you're using. When you edit the template, it thinks your edit happened in an older version so it's still considered out of date (sort of expected, but really it probably shouldn't even let you merge in this case).

The moral: make sure you use a style that is designed for your particular XF version (or possibly slightly older, though note you can't merge after installing a new style). If it's designed for a newer XF version, you should upgrade the core.

Top Bottom