Fixed  Opening Alerts in new browser tab ( with [CTRL-left click] )

Grover

Hi,

The amounts of Alerts one receives when being very active at XenForo's can become huge. Preferably one accesses his/her Alerts through (A) the 'Alerts' option at the top of the menubar (between Inbox and Sign Out), instead of going to (B) Your Account > Your Alerts.

When you click on an Alert using (A), it opens up in the current browser window. You might find this not handy to work with, so you want them to open up in a new browser tab. You can do this by [right-clicking] on an Alert and then choose to open it in a new tab, which works very good... the Alert dropdown stays open and you can open every link in new tabs, great!. But, I am used to do this (opening links in an new tab) the quickest way possible and that is by holding [CTRL] and left-click.

This works perfect when you use overview (B), but it doesn't quite work when using (A), because the Alert dropdown now dissapears everytime you perform a [CTRL-left click] on a link. Making you going back and forth everytime to open up the Alert dropdown.

Nothing major, nothing that can not be achieved by other means (overview B, or just use a right-click], but it would be just a bit more handy if the dropdown stays open when using [CTRL]-leftclick.

Is this technically possible? (I am using Windows XP and the latest Firefox btw)

! Note: this functionality to open up everything in new tabs becomes even more important the moment you can not see anymore which Alerts you did not read! See also: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/extend-delay-of-fading-alerts.627/ ... I had 16 new Alerts when I wrote this posting... I saw 16 new yellow stars, but when I was finished with this posting... all stars where gone (I am still not sure how these stars actually work), so I could not see anymore which Alerts were new and needed attention. If I would have opened then in new tabs, it would be no problem)

! Note: this functionality to open up everything in new tabs becomes even more important the moment you can not see anymore which Alerts you did not read! See also: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/extend-delay-of-fading-alerts.627/ ... I had 16 new Alerts when I wrote this posting... I saw 16 new yellow stars, but when I was finished with this posting... all stars where gone (I am still not sure how these stars actually work), so I could not see anymore which Alerts were new and needed attention. If I would have opened then in new tabs, I would be no problem)

this is essential! ;)

Would be great if this could be changed. It'd save me from having to go to the alerts page, as opposed to using the alerts tab.

Just checked in Chrome and it works if the link itself is highlighted, but code has been added to make the whole block act as a link. If you click the block, then it doesn't open in a new tab. Is this what you're seeing?

In FF, CTRL+left click now opens the alert in the same tab if clicking the block.

Clicking the link/url does nothing.

Just checked in Chrome and it works if the link itself is highlighted, but code has been added to make the whole block act as a link. If you click the block, then it doesn't open in a new tab. Is this what you're seeing?
In FF, CTRL+left click now opens the alert in the same tab if clicking the block.

Clicking the link/url does nothing.

I didn't realize about the block now being a link, since I am used to clicking on links. It's what Brogan says: if I now [CTRL]-[Left-click] the link, nothing happens in FireFox. Indeed as you said Mike, in Chrome it does work fine.

Top Bottom