• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Node Icon Replacement

Shelley

There's been quite a few threads asking how to change the Node Icons (forum status icons). Though I noticed that whilst some people do manage to replace the icons without issues, they forget to input the correct dimensions which may cause clipping and/or the image being squashed.

1. Once you have your icons designed ready to replace the default node icons forum-read.png & forum-unread.png the location to upload these icons are in your the following folder on your server.

Copy and paste the icons into your /widget folder (default/xenforo/widgets). This will overwrite the default icons so you may want to backup the icons for later use or create a custom folder for your style. yourcustomstyle/xenforo/widgets

2. Now that your icons are uploaded and displaying you may noticed they have been chopped (cut short)? This happens when your icons differ in dimensions from the default icon settings. You'll have to log into the Admincp and go to the following location.

Appearance >> Style Properties >> Your Style >> Forum List >> Node Icon and then adjust the Width and Height accordingly. (Screenshot Below)

node_sizes.webp

Thanks for this, didnt know of this... yea my icons were way to close to the descriptions. Fixed it now. Btw the icons im using are yours also <3

Thanks for this, didnt know of this... yea my icons were way to close to the descriptions. Fixed it now. Btw the icons im using are yours also <3

Yeah, some of my icons if not most exceed the dimensions of the default xenforo settings (which I did notice) icons being chopped on many sites. The width and height amendments will rectify any sizing issues.

Top Bottom