Newbie Forum in the Love and Spirituality Department

Divinum Fiat

After 9 months of research and trying out some free software, then debating between Ning, vB, and IPB I finally made the (right) decision to go with XF. So glad I did!

What made my decision so difficult is because I generally speaking deal with a different type of clientele than most people here. My board is about love, relationships, spirituality, even ghosts and weird stuff like that. :eek: So I was looking for a very specific type of feel to the platform that I couldn't find anywhere else. Thx, XF. (y)

I am completely technologically challenged, so much so that I needed help from fabulous Peter (SchmitzIT) and his talented other half, Lykke. Peter uploaded it all to my server, re-configured the permissions and listened to my week long, agonizing list of demands and complaints. :oops: Lykke did a phenomenal job in designing a great logo. Definitely can recommend working with either one of them. (y)

I'm using Erik Swan's Flexile style (red) and Jaxel's Portal. No other add-ons so far, but I have a good wishlist going. :p

Please note that I did not merge any other forum from before, so I am literally starting from scratch. o_O

http://www.corefreedom.com (Blueprint4Love)

The welcome block works, but I will spend some time updating it. I still need to review what I can leave out, or change so it's more comfortable on the 1.1 source.

Your site looks great, I had fun browsing around it.

The welcome block works, but I will spend some time updating it. I still need to review what I can leave out, or change so it's more comfortable on the 1.1 source.

Your site looks great, I had fun browsing around it.

That's actually a notice ;) It uses the CSS from the welcome block, though.

I am completely technologically challenged, so much so that I needed help from fabulous Peter (SchmitzIT) and his talented other half, Lykke. Peter uploaded it all to my server, re-configured the permissions and listened to my week long, agonizing list of demands and complaints. :oops: Lykke did a phenomenal job in designing a great logo. Definitely can recommend working with either one of them. (y)

Actually, Mike did the installation.

We merely made it suit your wishes, and upgraded it to 1.1 beta 3 because of a specific permissions request you had.

ForumstockholmSe, I'm not using any blogging add-on just yet. I have someone else testing out my WP blog with Wishlist and Wishlist Drip to see how integrating it with an XF bridge will work. I'm a bit concerned with the WL integration with XF and maybe the way it is now is just perfect. What I did is grab my blog posts manually and cutting and pasting them into the forum making them look like blog posts, just in the hopes to get conversations started.

Peter and Lykke (SchmitzIT) did a great job in helping me get started, well, more than started; they really set the whole thing up for me. Peter can vouch for how many times in a week I typed "then I'll just bag it then." I got seriously discouraged at times but am glad Peter was patient enough with my techno phobia. Was well worth it! :D

Glad we could help out :) It looks really nice now after the last little tweakings and you have a great and interesting theme/topic going on there ^-^ Best of luck with the site.

Top Bottom