Lack of interest New Usergroup Promotion Criteria

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Trekkan

I'd like to be able to add someone to a usergroup if they have X threads/posts in Y amount of time. That being said, I'd also like to have the reverse of that, when they fall out of that criteria, they get removed.

Maybe there's a way to do this with the current setup, but I can't see how.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
+1 here for extending the trophy/usergroup promotion criteria to include time-based events.

I'd like to reward the active users on my forums by promoting them to a user group that has some additional permissions.

I've looked at the promotion possibilities and they are generally based on number of posts or likes or length of time since registration. These don't really suit this promotion criteria as I may have a user who has made a lot of posts but hasn't been around for several months. Similarly I may have a new, active user who hasn't made a lot of posts yet, or another user who visits the forum regularly but doesn't make any posts.

Ideally I'd like a promotion that works along the lines of:

If user has visited in the last 30 days and has made X number of posts during that time then promote to group Y

Currently this isn't possible. I'd have thought that quite a few admins would like to reward their active members.

I would therefore like to propose two additional trophy/promotion criteria:

1. User has visited in the last X days (where X can be defined by the admin)
  2. User has made X posts in Y days (where X and Y can be defined by the admin)
If 2. is too complex to do, a more simplified one (though not as preferable) could be User has posted in the last X days (where X can be defined by the admin)

2 would require calculating averages like mad, especially if you have a lot of promotions/trophies that requires this criteria. Unless you set this promotion/trophy to be daily, this might be pretty resource-intensive.

For 1, it's pretty easy to do. I'll put it down for my next addon.

2 would require calculating averages like mad, especially if you have a lot of promotions/trophies that requires this criteria. Unless you set this promotion/trophy to be daily, this might be pretty resource-intensive.

For 1, it's pretty easy to do. I'll put it down for my next addon.
What about the alternative for 2:

User has posted in the last X days (where X can be defined by the admin)

Presumably this would be easier to do? I presume you'd just need to look at the post date of the user's last post and see if it's beween the current date and that of a date X days before?

What about the alternative for 2:

User has posted in the last X days (where X can be defined by the admin)

Presumably this would be easier to do? I presume you'd just need to look at the post date of the user's last post and see if it's beween the current date and that of a date X days before?

A little bit easier to do, yes. However I'm avoiding adding a new column in the user table just for this, so I'm looking for alternatives. Worst case scenario I just go back to the old-fashioned new column design.

I'd love to see something like this! The current promotions are good, but they only take into account "total activity" and not "recent activity".

I'd love to encourage our members to keep coming back to ensure they maintain their promotions. Example: x posts, y new topics, z new likes in the past 60 days. When they meet these requirements they are in the group, when they fall below the minimums they are removed from the group.

Top Bottom