Fixed new style is inheriting style-options from deleted style

erich37

possible bug?

I am using default XF-template version XF 1.0.4.

this is what I did:
- I created an additional style with the option of showing the website without overlays.
- then I decided to delete this style as I did not want to have this style any longer.
- then a couple months later I decided to create an additional style (this time it was the default style with the only change as of having the website being "fixed width").
- when I created this new "fixed width"-style, the system inherited the settings from the previous style which I actually deleted already (so my new "fixed width style" was also having "no overlays").

BTW: the name of the new style was different to the one style which I deleted.

I would guess this should not be the case that a new style is inheriting style-changes of styles which have already been deleted ?
Hope you understand what am talking about....

It sounds like the change was applied to the master style. You can import the master again by visiting /install/ and clicking Rebuild Master Data. That will restore the original style.

It doesn't hurt to rebuild the master, just to be sure. If your style has no parent (i.e. child of master) and is uncustomized then it is inheriting all templates, properties, etc from the master.

that´s what I am saying.
I assume that the new style is inheriting from the child-style which has already been deleted.
The new custom-style is not inheriting from the master, although it is a created as a child of the master.

It can't inherit from a style that is not there.

If you are suggesting that your styles are corrupt and there is old style information still in the database then I suppose that's possible. I would need admin access to your forum so I can test the problem. If you are comfortable giving me access then send me a PM.

I am fine with my site, thanks Jake.
I just wanted to report this as I think it might be a bug. I have reported something similar in the very past (can not recall and find this thready anymore) and I think I remember Mike fixed it as it was a bug last time.

i experienced something like this in an early beta.
a new style would inherit templates from a long deleted style. reverting the template would not remove the code even though the code was not present in the master template.
i dont know how to reproduce this, but it seems exceptionally rare. i have never had it happen again since.

There's a fairly limited case where this could happen - it would generally rely on a MySQL server being restarted.

However, it can only happen as it appears that we're not removing style property data when styles are removed. That will fix this for future deleted styles, but nothing we can do if it has happened.

Top Bottom