Implemented  Add missing buttons to editor - QUOTE, CODE, PHP, etc.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I like the quick reply and inline edit to be as clean as possible, but have the advanced editor list an additional toolbar with additional buttons.

That said, I wish if the system detected I am on a modern browser, and in wide-enough screen resolution, the toolbar is just 1 line, not two.

I like the quick reply and inline edit to be as clean as possible, but have the advanced editor list an additional toolbar with additional buttons.

That said, I wish if the system detected I am on a modern browser, and in wide-enough screen resolution, the toolbar is just 1 line, not two.

Great idea. :)

+1 to this. I was hunting for the button myself and i thought it somehow wasn't loading.
I tend to quote part of messages and a quote button is really essential imo.

Little OT: There is a case for stripping whitespace characters before the start and end of the quoted text. eg some firefox extensions add a lot of white space newlines before and after the quoted text within the
Code:
 [quote bbcode.

Edit: It appears the code automatically checks and appends any unclosed bbcode here. I think that might cause issues at some places. eg here, my intention was to just show the bbcode name as [ quote ] but the code appended the closing tag automatically creating all text following it as part of the bbcode text.

I agree, we do need a quote button. I was looking for it last night to quote something and only then, realized that it was missing.

Any input? I've assumed this was on the todo list, but possibly you have been waiting to see how much desire there is for it?

My members have not all memorized the quote bbcode.

Top Bottom