Add-on Mass move / purge / delete tools?

shawn

Maybe I suck at searching... but I can't find where anyone is working on this. All I want is to be able to mass move threads that haven't had replies in X days, or threads that have been deleted, etc.

Is there an add-on out there that does this yet?

I don't know if there is an add-on for this. I'd like a mass prune feature for users and posts, but I don't think there is one. You may just want to go to each of the category and sort them by last reply, number of views, number of posts, etc etc and just select them with the mod tools to move/delete them. That's what I do for archiving old threads or no replies.

Yeah, there are work-arounds.... but I'm talking about 7 classified ad forums. It would be a lot easier to grab the category, set the parameters you want, and batch move them to the trash forum.

Yeah, there are work-arounds.... but I'm talking about 7 classified ad forums. It would be a lot easier to grab the category, set the parameters you want, and batch move them to the trash forum.
Annoying as it is you could probably do this with a mysql query. I'd need a reference of some sort to build the query but i'd use this basic idea

Delete from xen_table where post=0

Update from xen table Set to new node where post=0

Again my programming knowledge is beginner to intermediate and I'd be using references to build the query.

And then you could probably create an external password protected PHP/html file (not 100% sure on how to make this work as an add-on... otherwise I'd have made a few add-ons already lol)

Top Bottom