Add-on Mark Post as Answer/Mark Thread as Answered

jmurrayhead

This should allow users the ability to mark individual posts as the answer. Features should include:
  • Admin option to turn off per forum
  • Admin option to allow multiple posts per thread to be marked as answer on a per-forum basis
  • Admin option to allow users to mark own posts as answer (sometimes they figure it out on their own), on a per-forum basis
  • Highlight posts that are marked as answer (maybe use the same concept of when posts are displayed as "new" on the right side)
  • Ability to display all unanswered posts (show as option under the Forums menu)
  • Integration with trophies system based off of own posts marked as answer.
Make it so! :)

You almost looking for a stackoverflow type of setup within Xenforo? Or I guess workflow is a better term then setup.

I think this will happen as an add-on - but when is another story!

I give it my vote - that is, I would probably fork over $$ for such an add-on.

This feature exists for MyBB for quite some time and recently WBB got a plugin for this too. Useful for support threads.

Couldn't you use thread prefixes for this? mark the thread as resolved and then run a cron job to close it when it's resolved.

Couldn't you use thread prefixes for this? mark the thread as resolved and then run a cron job to close it when it's resolved.
Sure, it can be done, but I'm not sure it's quite as user-friendly as a good add-on might be.

It might be possible, but it would lack a "Mark Best Answer" function, which is the whole point of this.
Users who are looking for an answer to an issue can be taken directly to the post that solved the issue without going through loads of useless posts. The mybb support forum does this very well.

Double-dipping here but I feel that so many forums could benefit from this.

I would love to see points awarded to the person who provided the answer (marked by the OP) in a thread.

Top Bottom