[TH] Join User Group [Deleted]

@squirrly and @KiF :

Finally I found out where the "join requests" are!

They are hidden here:

benutzergruppe-beitritt.webp

There you have to check again and again, seems as if there comes no notification about members that want to join a group.

I still don't know if the board staff can see this too. I have to ask them.

But this should be changed, I think. I'd like to have them to be shown and alerted in the moderation queue yourdomain.com/reports/ (that was, where I expected them to appear).

We found that as well, but it doesn't match the description of using the existing moderation queue, so it seems to be broken to me, and certainly not what I was hoping for. If I had known this, I'm not sure we'd have gone with this solution. At this point, though, our users are using it, and it's going to be a PITA to to take it away.

Can anybody confirm that saving users to Joinable User Groups via ACP don't work? May be there is a add-ons conflict in my site.

@KiF I can't confirm that. I can add users to a Joinable User Group via ACP, and after saving and editing the same user again the checkbox of the User Group is still checked.

With the add-on moderation_queue_list is replaced with the waindigo_moderation_queue_list_joinusergroup for resources. There is no link to a moderated resource as in a moderation_queue_list.
I'd like to make some changes in moderation_queue_list for resources. @Waindigo could you make not to apply waindigo_moderation_queue_list_joinusergroup for moderation of resources, please?

With the add-on moderation_queue_list is replaced with the waindigo_moderation_queue_list_joinusergroup for resources. There is no link to a moderated resource as in a moderation_queue_list.
I'd like to make some changes in moderation_queue_list for resources. @Waindigo could you make not to apply waindigo_moderation_queue_list_joinusergroup for moderation of resources, please?
Now that we have Template Modifications in XenForo 1.2+, this could be done in a much more efficient way that wouldn't require a separate template at all. Do drop me a PM if you'd be interested in making a small contribution to make this happen.

@Waindigo Sorry, I don't ready now to make contributions for new futures of this add-on. I just want the add-on to work properly.
Perhaps you can work out how to make the required template edit and share it with the community instead. We love to help the XenForo community as much as we can, but we are running a business so we can't work for free all the time, unfortunately.

Perhaps you can work out how to make the required template edit and share it with the community instead. We love to help the XenForo community as much as we can, but we are running a business so we can't work for free all the time, unfortunately.
I see. I just posted a potential add-on bug to help you to support the add-on.
Sorry, I don't want to make changes in waindigo_moderation_queue_list_joinusergroup template to work with resources.

Thanks for reporting.

Generally speaking, we don't consider incompatibilities with other add-ons as bugs. When this add-on was developed, Resource Manager had not even been released, so there is no way we could have known that we would have to add extra support for that add-on at some stage in the future.

If the original contributors don't require this add-on to work with Resource Manager (which seems to be the case), then someone else will have to step up and contribute.

The only other option is for us to start charging for everyone to use all of our add-ons. For as long as we can avoid doing this, we will.

I'm missing something here. TAZ has a usergroup "Big Board" that was a joinable group with over a thousand members on vB TAZ. After installing the Join User Group add-on and setting the Big Board group as joinable it seems me and all the other members aren't considered members of the joinable group, just the "regular" group - even though it's the same group. I had to edit my profile and tick the Joinable User Group box for Big Board in order for me to be in the group.

Is there a way to batch update all members of the usergroup so that they are recognized as members of the joinable Big Board group (and any other joinable usergroups)?

Another question - how do you format the Joinable User Group description? It currently seems to ignore both HTML and actually spacing used when entering the description text in the editor. I don't want it to display as a single dense paragraph.

I'm missing something here. TAZ has a usergroup "Big Board" that was a joinable group with over a thousand members on vB TAZ. After installing the Join User Group add-on and setting the Big Board group as joinable it seems me and all the other members aren't considered members of the joinable group, just the "regular" group - even though it's the same group. I had to edit my profile and tick the Joinable User Group box for Big Board in order for me to be in the group.

Is there a way to batch update all members of the usergroup so that they are recognized as members of the joinable Big Board group (and any other joinable usergroups)?
This is as designed. Those members are not considered members of the joinable group as they have been manually added -- this stops those members from then leaving the group. You could probably run a database query, although it might not be ideal if you already have other joinable groups set up. Other than that, there is no way to do this at present.

Another question - how do you format the Joinable User Group description? It currently seems to ignore both HTML and actually spacing used when entering the description text in the editor. I don't want it to display as a single dense paragraph.
If you can find the right bit of the template that produces the description, you could always add the xen:raw tag (i.e., {xen:raw $description} where $description is the description). This would then allow HTML.

Thanks again for your contribution to the latest update.

This is as designed. Those members are not considered members of the joinable group as they have been manually added -- this stops those members from then leaving the group. You could probably run a database query, although it might not be ideal if you already have other joinable groups set up. Other than that, there is no way to do this at present.

Yeah, I have 3 usergroups that were joinable when TAZ was on vB so all of the members in those groups should be considered as members of the joinable group. Can you tell me the query?

Top Bottom