Is the embedded YouTube video size configurable?

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I notice the size of embedded videos from YouTube is just 500x300 whilst Vimeo videos are 768x480.

Are either of these configurable?

On a related note, I have specific BBCode for YouTube, Vimeo, etc. which specifies the frame colour, text colour, etc.

Is this also possible using the built in Media button in the Tiny MCE editor?

Vimeo is actually the same size out of the box. We have a "vimeo plus" one that makes them larger. But either way, you can fairly easily edit the size in the admin CP.

Allowing manipulation such as the frame/text colors is beyond the scope of the media tag.

Thanks Mike, this fabled Admin CP sure sounds interesting :D

That's a shame about changing the embedded video themes as it can make them blend into the site better.

I'm still hopeful that adding/editing BB Code in the Tiny MCE editor isn't going to be too problematical as there are quite a few tags/buttons I really need to add.

I'm pretty sure you know this, though I could be remembering incorrectly. Just to emphasize: we don't have a custom BB code system implemented yet, though it's not particularly complex. There should be a suggestion about it somewhere around here.

I'm pretty sure you know this, though I could be remembering incorrectly. Just to emphasize: we don't have a custom BB code system implemented yet, though it's not particularly complex. There should be a suggestion about it somewhere around here.
Yes, I recall your post on my suggestion thread.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/suggestion-allow-custom-bbcode.1513/#post-20218

I'm not quite clear though as to whether we will be able to add our own custom code with a bit of manual hacking or we won't be able to yet but will once you write the relevant code?
Can you clarify?

You could add it with manual hacking yeah - probably not super significant either. But it will likely be a little trickier to add buttons to the editor for this. (There is code for custom buttons, but it's not used yet.)

OK thanks Mike.

We don't need to go live until early next year as we need to build our CMS first so hopefully the BBCode options will be a little more mature by that time.

On another related note, will any existing BBCode need to be re-parsed and if so, will there be a script for that?

After an import? I'm not sure how phpBB stores its BB code, though I do seem to recall that it's not totally straightforward. In that case, a script would be needed.

Or if you just meant after adding additional BB code, then no re-parsing would be needed (currently).

Yes I meant after an import; i.e. all the existing posts which contain BBCode.

Will you be providing BBCode re-parser scripts in addition to the standard migration script?
Presumably not?

I couldn't say as it's not been applicable yet. It's the sort of thing that can be done totally independently of an import though. (It could be done during the import as well.)

Thanks Mike, I'll let you go now :D

As I said, we have a good few months before we intend to go live with it so I'm sure we'll be able to sort it all out before we do.

My site coder has even said he might do an importer himself so I'll let you know if we get one done before you to save you some work ;)

Top Bottom