Is it possible to allow thread titles to be be viewed, but not content?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

to have a category of a forum that can be seen and see the thread titles but have to register to access them?

For instance i have a downloads section that basically i just want users to have to join the forum to be able to access them.

Currently people can see the threads and just download without this measure and its not something i can seem to find in the ACP?

Any help welcomed thanks :)

EDIT - tried to edit the thread title to something more descriptive but cannot due to poor edit facility ;)

Wow how did the developers manage to overlook something so fundamental like this!

Can you even display a forum to guests that they cannot enter?

Thanks Brogan - yes the title is what i wanted, i have 'liked' the post btw. :)

Wow how did the developers manage to overlook something so fundamental like this!

Can you even display a forum to guests that they cannot enter?

Thanks Brogan - yes the title is what i wanted, i have 'liked' the post btw. :)

Well I guess it's in the works. I wouldn't go out the insult the devs about it.

They forgot big deal. Just suggest it and since it is an important feature. I know they will add it in soon enough.

You forget we are still in Beta 2.. still a long way to go, so don't freak out if some options are not available yet.

Just let them know and it will be addressed soon enough. :)

Well I guess it's in the works. I wouldn't go out the insult the devs about it.

They forgot big deal. Just suggest it and since it is an important feature. I know they will add it in soon enough.

You forget we are still in Beta 2.. still a long way to go, so don't freak out if some options are not available yet.

Just let them know and it will be addressed soon enough. :)

I didnt insult anyone.

I merely stated the fact that for a forum software solution that it is a pretty large oversight - if it was a free forum solution i would be a little more understanding but this is a paid software solution.

Also based on the fact no dev has commented on the above thread its not easy to have the assumption that its going to be added anytime soon. ;)

We didn't forget, we simply didn't implement it yet. Just because something isn't in XenForo doesn't mean we've somehow forgotten about it, nor does it mean it will never appear. XenForo is the product of a little more than a year of intensive development - we have had to prioritize features ruthlessly in order to get to the point we are at now.

Well i would have thought dealing with forum permissions/user group permissions would have been one of the first things you guys would have got completed and finished off the bat - regardless of the time its took overlooking such a feature was an oversight.

Well i would have thought dealing with forum permissions/user group permissions would have been one of the first things you guys would have got completed and finished off the bat - regardless of the time its took overlooking such a feature was an oversight.
I get the feeling you somehow expect this setting because you are used to having it in vBulletin or other forum software. However XF is a completely new forum software and so there will be different features. There is no law in forum software that imposes this particular feature to be essential. If the suggestion thread shows it's popular and if the developers feel it should be added, then it will be a setting soon enough. The same goes for 'poor edit facility'. Instead of these rather negative statements you could just suggest what you feel is missing or useful, and others will either agree or disagree. Much more effective. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom