integrate xenforo with whmcs?

adamhull

Hi there,

Would there be any way for me to grab the users from my whmcs install and import them to xenforo. it would be very nice if customers do not need to create a new account to post in the forums and when they sign up for their hosting packages their accounts are dragged over.

Hi there,

Would there be any way for me to grab the users from my whmcs install and import them to xenforo. it would be very nice if customers do not need to create a new account to post in the forums and when they sign up for their hosting packages their accounts are dragged over.

A bridge for WHMCS would be awesome, I have a project coming up that I'm using WHMCS no matter what along with XenForo.

Out of the box it's not possible but you could post it in the request section to see of a coder wants to pick it up.

I don't think, officially, XF would take on requests to offer bridges between the platforms out there. You'd have to request an add-on, but it's not possible if you're unlicensed.

I don't think, officially, XF would take on requests to offer bridges between the platforms out there. You'd have to request an add-on, but it's not possible if you're unlicensed.

That's what I meant* thanks, you could also contact WHMCS directly, they do offer a custom coding service.

Hi there,

It is possible with cPanel's SDK. It is very custom and I am sure you would be spending a bit of money to have this done.

Also don't forget about the security risks that are inherent when integrating any public webpage with your whm. Like I said it is completely possible to do that but it is not as simple as the task would seem. I know because I had the same question myself at one point.

You would want to start by looking at this. http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/SoftwareDevelopmentKit/WebHome#Integrating your custom software

Yup and for me to use it (if I used joomla anymore) it would be 278 dollars as I would not want a bridge to have it's logo on every page and I would also need a split server installation because I am not familiar enough with the integrator to know that I could easily configure it for my servers requirements. So either way you are going to pay for it if you want that kind of thing. Also remember joomla has been around for a while now and it took a long time for a product like that integrator to come along. I am not saying if it is your needs, that 278 dollars is too much, I am simply saying it is complex and you are going to drop 2x than the cost of xf to do it for one domain. :-)

All that being said it would be awesome to see a XF install set up as the automated forums and ticket system for a whm reseller server/site. :-)

I actually discussed this with Liquid (my partner) because we are using WHMCS to handle our paid add-ons. I am not sure when we would have this developed but if we do have it at a point where it is polished enough to be used by others we will release it. But please do not count on us for it, as we have quite a few projects to finish before something like that.

I have no problem with that.

Lets gets some ideas and pledges down:

What we need:
Users in WHMCS are registered automatically in xenForo.
User may register either in xenForo or WHMCS and it will be sync over. (Do we want this?)
Users who login to WHMCS or xenForo are auto-logged in to other site.

Pledges:
$50 (at least, possibly more) for a fully working bridge compatible with v 4.5.1 from Mordy

User may register either in xenForo or WHMCS and it will be sync over. (Do we want this?)
Users who login to WHMCS or xenForo are auto-logged in to other site.
I disagree with the top one. I wouldn't want someone to register on my XenForo and automatically have access to my WHMCS. WHMCS account -> XenForo account, sure. Definitely not vice versa though.
As for the second one, If I logged in to an XF install at a public library or something, I wouldn't want to be automatically logged into my WHMCS.

All I'd be looking for is WHMCS accounts automatically registered (and contact details filled in) on the XF forum.

I disagree with the top one. I wouldn't want someone to register on my XenForo and automatically have access to my WHMCS. WHMCS account -> XenForo account, sure. Definitely not vice versa though.
As for the second one, If I logged in to an XF install at a public library or something, I wouldn't want to be automatically logged into my WHMCS.

All I'd be looking for is WHMCS accounts automatically registered (and contact details filled in) on the XF forum.
Is your install of WHMCS limited in some way that 2 is a issue? Like I said, it was a thought (hence the "do we need this one?) but not needed.

I am more interested in 3, even if it is a switchable option (global and user). Yeah, sure, I can send a e-mail to the user upon sign up saying "do you know your login will work on our forums as well", but we know how much people read e-mails...
Also, what happens when a password is changed? What happens if someone signs up for xf, then later becomes a client in whmcs (common if you sign up to ask some pre-sales questions).

Should one system "lose its sign up" and have it all handled by the other one? That would solve the password sync issue and if someone signs up for xf and then later for whmcs... If so, which system would go? (I would guess xf, whmcs has more details).

Lets get something solid with a few pledges and I can ask around...

Is your install of WHMCS limited in some way that 2 is a issue? Like I said, it was a thought (hence the "do we need this one?) but not needed.

I am more interested in 3, even if it is a switchable option (global and user). Yeah, sure, I can send a e-mail to the user upon sign up saying "do you know your login will work on our forums as well", but we know how much people read e-mails...
Also, what happens when a password is changed? What happens if someone signs up for xf, then later becomes a client in whmcs (common if you sign up to ask some pre-sales questions).

Should one system "lose its sign up" and have it all handled by the other one? That would solve the password sync issue and if someone signs up for xf and then later for whmcs... If so, which system would go? (I would guess xf, whmcs has more details).

Lets get something solid with a few pledges and I can ask around...

For security reasons, I'd rather not have users from XenForo auto syncing with those from WHMCS. I'd rather that we have something like Kayako's LoginShare, but on XenForo's side - such that XenForo acts as the client and WHMCS the authenticating service.

That way, it doesn't raise PCI issues, for any PCI compliant, WHMCS users out there.

I am not familiar with login share as I use WHMCS for support. I never did understand getting a second product for support, but nevermind that.

Can you explain how it would work as far as password changes on one system? User already being a client in xf when signing up in whmcs?

As far as PCI compliance, that is a good point. I guess I never thought of that as I don't store/pass on any client details (short of a name and e-mail address).

I did open a thread in WHMCS marketplace for this, but it is still awaiting approval...

Well basically, here's the login process simplified.

Registration is disabled on XenForo

User attempts to login to XenForo
XenForo transmits data across to WHMCS API
API returns a set of data
If user is not registered, register the user data.
If user is registered, continue with local XenForo logon.

WHMCS can validate logins using this: http://docs.whmcs.com/API:Validate_Login

So, all it would take, would be a modification author on XenForo to do this :) Now, I can't remember if this hook provides SSO, since:

it will return successful with the userid and password hash which can then be used to set the $_SESSION['uid'] and $_SESSION['upw'] values respectively in the users session to auto log the user in to WHMCS.

Top Bottom