import from vbulletin3.8 keep hanging

xml

on local machine with wamp server

1. on my old windows vista pc i did not have this issue with versions 1.o1 and less

2. with my new windows7 sp1 pc with latest version of wamp server i installed xenforo version 1.04 and when importing from vbulletin3.8.4 it keeps hanging but when i refresh it continue with no problems. the thing is its a large forum database and the import is expected to take long hours so i cant stay all that time near to my pc to refresh the import every time it hangs.

is there a solution to prevent this import hang problem?

note: in the server error log there is no errors messages

Without any specific error messages it is hard to know what is going on.

I would guess it is simply timing out. You can try increasing the max_execution_time in PHP. See this post:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/edit-group-confirmation-email-system.15392/#post-202224

If it's a very large database then you might be able to improve performance by increasing the batch sizes for each import step. Edit this file:

library/XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php

Search for 'limit' =>. You will find a limit defined for each import module.

Hi jake

nothing work from what you suggest so i swiched from internet explorer 9 to firefox 5.01 and guess what, the import did not hang any more. i would suggest to the develpment team not to let us under the mercy of brwosers and its bugs, an import package run from comand line would be much better and safe

Not everyone is capable of running scripts from command line.

It's standard practice to use a browser to perform an import, installation or upgrade.

Hi Borgan

if someone cant run command line script then he can always use the browser way , an import, installation or upgrade for a large forums is a nightmare most of the times so we need that kind of command line scripts to make our job easier

Top Bottom