Fixed Links to external content

zappaDPJ

Perhaps not a bug as such but personally I'd prefer links, especially those that point to external content, to open in a new browser window.

I think it'd be best if it were an admin option, maybe even with a whitelist of domains that would open in the same tab/window.

I haven't actually looked yet but are external links having the rel="external" or class="external" added? I really would like to have an icon next to external links that show they are external and will open in a new tab/window...

Edit: Just checked and as far as I can tell they are not... and further more signature links are currently not nofollow... is this by design? On an SEO point and spam prevention I would change this.

The "option" is hard coded right now, but links lose nofollow after a number (10?) of posts, so they start off with it.

As for external links, we don't actually check what's "external" and "internal" now. Ideally, we want internal links in posts to not open a new window, so we'd have to pick up the difference for that, so a rel/class isn't an issue then.

The "option" is hard coded right now, but links lose nofollow after a number (10?) of posts, so they start off with it.

As for external links, we don't actually check what's "external" and "internal" now. Ideally, we want internal links in posts to not open a new window, so we'd have to pick up the difference for that, so a rel/class isn't an issue then.

Cool this is good to hear :)... I like the nofollow to begin with but then being removed nice :D

it is so cool that xf has a lot of these little things simply in the software. without having to add bloatware like vbseo.

Top Bottom