If condition for homepage in members profile

Simon

I would like to keep my members profile pages public in my forum but I would like to disable the view of the members homepage to non members. I guess this is possible using an IF conditional statement.

Could you please advise me of what template I need to edit and a simple If Statement that I can add. (I have several different registered user groups)

Many Thanks in advance.

Open the member_list template.

Look for this line near the top:

Code:
<xen:h1>{xen:phrase registered_members}</xen:h1>
Directly after add this:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
So it looks like this:

Code:
<xen:h1>{xen:phrase registered_members}</xen:h1> <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
Then right at the bottom of the same template, look for:

Code:
</xen:sidebar>
Directly after add this:

Code:
<xen:else /> This content is visible to members only </xen:if>
So it looks like this:

Code:
</xen:sidebar> <xen:else /> This content is visible to members only </xen:if>
You can obviously change the text to whatever you wish, or even insert a phrase, template there, etc.

Thank you Brogan for you quick response and now I understand the IF condition part but perhaps I did not explain very well in regards to where I want it placed.:)

I have a problem with spammers that join, enter a URL into the homepage field in their profile and never come back. I would like to disable the viewing of that 'Homepage' field in the user profile to guests by using an IF condition.

In that case edit the member_view page and wrap this in the conditional:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$user.homepage}">
<dt>{xen:phrase home_page}:</dt>
<dd><a href="{xen:string censor, $user.homepage}" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" itemprop="url">{xen:string censor, $user.homepage}</a></dd>
</xen:if>

The link is nofollow though so it matters very little whether spammers populate that field or not.

Top Bottom