How is XF Beta to be notifed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanj

Please guys I'm not asking for speculkation or guesses. This is a specific question which will benefit us all which can only be answered by the developers (or perhaps a mod authorised to give us definite information).

QUESTION
Having seen the XF beta release info - how will we all be notified of the 24 hour period for early adopters?

~ By notification email to all board members?
~ Or by a notification linked to a specific thread? - if so which thread?
~ Other?

Again - no guesses however well informed please.
This is a request for definite information from our darling devs.

QUESTION
Having seen the XF beta release info - how will we all be notified of the 24 hour period for early adopters?

~ By notification email to all board members?
~ Or by a notification linked to a specific thread? - if so which thread?
~ Other?

Again - no guesses however well informed please.
This is a request for definite information from our darling devs.

It is my understanding that the XenForo staff have booked every available Carrier Pigeon. They will be strictly following the RFC 1149 Protocol. In the event of issues with the RFC 1149 protocol the RFC 2321 Protocol will be used.

I would expect to receive an e-mail before the early-adopter-period starts.
Thanks.

I don't think that is happening which is why I raised this thread.
There will be advance warning of anything from a day several days or a week.
It will be in Announcements, Twitter and Facebook.
So if you don't Twit or FB as many don't, it's Announcements that you have to depend on.

I've clicked to Follow the existing Announcement on the beta release - that would notify.
But of course it might not be added to that. If it's a new Announcement there would be no email notify.

I don't care about the money. I want to be a founding member...
You can't be a founding member. Unless I'm mistaken that fancy title is reserved for people who actually founded something. Maybe you mean a charter member. Which sort of begs the question, how would anyone know?

I have an idea; just tell people you are a "Founding Member" or a "Charter Member." Lie if you have to. I'll back you up. When an issue is this important, truth becomes the first casualty.

It's common sense though :rolleyes:

Yes it is common sense to use the Announcements Forum to announce major news like the timing of a crucial pre-release sale!

......and yet another forum software product's President has taken to announcing special pre-release sales of a major new add on in a blog rather than their Announcements Forum for which many of us have RSS feeds... which has caused a lot of people to be pretty cheesed off about it.

The question was perfectly reasonable, and it's good it has been confirmed by Kier that it will be announced in the logical place and not hidden away in a secret handshake section of the site.

Thanks Peggy. But a function to subscribe to forum is really badly needed. I don't use any of your suggestions.
Yes it is needed, and has been suggested.

Kier and Mike will be, I'm sure, giving a couple of days notice prior to the beginning of the sale, so my only other suggestion would be to just be here and watching diligently.

I guess I'll have no other choice. I don't come here every day. I found out about this thread by accident from vb.com. Personally I think this is not being considerate towards us, having to slave to come here every day. Besides, imagine: I come here on October 1st at 1:00 PM, then 5 minutes later you announce. Next day I come back at 1:30 PM, I'll be loosing.

Another smart solution would have been to offer pre-sales.

I used the word "slave" because I am busy and do not live on the various forums that I frequent. No pre-sales, fine? But about sending out a notification to your members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom