Implemented "Home"-page

danielwerner

Sorry if this has been mentioned before (didn't find anything) and/or will be added in a future release of xenforo...

... But I would love to be able to set a default homepage for xenforo, like with vbulletin CMS. Right now I can create a hidden page in the forums section, and make this the default homepage, but it still won't make the Home-tab highlighted when on this page.

And to go further with this it would be great to set a separate sidebar (like widgets) for this page, to be able to create a unique homepage which all users enters via. I'd rather not use a separate client for this (like wordpress and so forth) because I LOVE xenforo's functionality. :)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Thanks! I could use that meanwhile. Although with that solution I'll have to add like www.example.com/portal and redirect www.example.com to that, and then have my forum at www.example.com/forums

For the xenforo developers, please add an optional splash screen where all visitors enter via www.example.com, since that can't be done right now. No functionality is needed (at the moment), just a forum page that is made the front page. It should be pretty easy to add. :)

You can do that now.

Create a Page and set it as your Home Page URL in the ACP.
Then in your domain root, use .htacess and/or an html/php file with: <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL=/community/pages/home/">

You can do that now.

Create a Page and set it as your Home Page URL in the ACP.
Then in your domain root, use .htacess and/or an html/php file with: <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL=/community/pages/home/">

But will the home-tab be highlighted when on that page? And will the URL say www.example.com or www.example.com/community/pages/home?

(I'm not trying to be smart, I really don't have the time to check myself right now, and I'm not too good at coding. :))

No, the home tab won't be highlighted in that instance.

There is however an add-on/mod whereby you can create your own "Home" tab and then by leaving the Home Page URL field in the ACP blank, that will achieve what you're after.

Top Bottom