Google Authorship

Google Authorship

DRE

DRE submitted a new resource:

Google Authorship - Add your Google + Profile link and Avatar to Google search results for your threads

Google + Authorship is a service by Google that links your Google + Profile and avatar to the articles you create when people find your threads in google search and also shows you as the thread author in every thread you've created. You must be the thread author for this to work. It takes around two weeks for google to add you to authorship if you do get approved. They will send a notification to the email that's associated with your google circles account.

This...

Read more about this resource...

Hey @DRE, it's me again. Sorry for bothering you.

This resource also did not work for me.

Perhaps I need to understand how this works. How does step 1 and 2 work? Is that how Google + link to the forum? What if I just find someone to code for me to add the "Thread by" under my name in threads without doing step 1 and 2, will it work?

Does the "Thread by" need to be under the picture? What if I just add in in the content, maybe before or after?

I just want to connect to G+ and try alternative options.

Lastly, can you give examples of xenforo sites that have successfully done this?

Hey @DRE, it's me again. Sorry for bothering you.

This resource also did not work for me.

Perhaps I need to understand how this works. How does step 1 and 2 work? Is that how Google + link to the forum? What if I just find someone to code for me to add the "Thread by" under my name in threads without doing step 1 and 2, will it work?

Does the "Thread by" need to be under the picture? What if I just add in in the content, maybe before or after?

I just want to connect to G+ and try alternative options.

Lastly, can you give examples of xenforo sites that have successfully done this?
Click on the links of this resource and read what Google says about Google Authorship.

Hi @DRE ,
Could you add a feature that anyone who connected with Google+ will be automatic enabled Google Authorship (without input profile link)?
Thank you.

@DRE , I guess you misunderstood, you need to have "?rel=author" at the end of your link as well.
I used the Custom Fields by Waindigo method for a better implementation, here's the final result:
final result

And here's how it looks in forum_view:
forum view look

Hi @DRE ,
Could you add a feature that anyone who connected with Google+ will be automatic enabled Google Authorship (without input profile link)?
Thank you.
When you sign up through Xenforo's existing social network services such as Facebook, Twitter and Google neither services automatically apply your username or page link on your profile. I think the only addons that do that is Steam integration. I think something like that requires php work which would require an addon, this is just a template modification resource. I don't do any php work so you would have to create a thread in the request forum.

Just did it.. Now, its time to wait to google process :)

Since xenforo has the "g+ integration", maybe you can improve this by asking the user to associate his user with the g+ and the auto get the profile from it, no?

Thanks for the resource :)

Top Bottom