• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Global RSS/XML Feed

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

ATM XenForo have only RSS Feeds for forums but no global feed.

This Add-on creates a global Feed with the newest threads (including Permission check)

Install instructions:
Upload the files from the upload directory into your xenforo directory
Install the xml
Check the options ( ragtek Global Feed )
View attachment 10609

Changehistory:
Added Options to strip the bbcode and to limit the description:)
Changed the router.
The url to the feed is now /feeds/ (ragtekfeed is also available to not lose the visitors which are still using the old route;) )
New Option: Thread Limit (You can set up, how many threads should be shown in the feed)

If you upgrade from a version <= 1.4 Beta, you need to delete your whole library/Ragtek/Feed directory, before you reupload the new package.

Paypal Donations are always welcome.

Attachments

I'm surprised it isn't already an option especially since there is a feed for each forum.

Sorry, I've set the conversation permissions now:D

Can your mod allow the feed to be displayed on a separate non xenforo page?

I already use this feed to dislpay latest thread in wp. In future upgrade, if add latest posts feed, latest member feeds with avatar etc. is very good.

Yea it would be nice, but ATM i have the big problem with the timezone and i don't know how to solve it:(

XF's forum feed seems have time so problem neither. My forums are not time critical, it arrange in timely order is ok.

Not with this bump :)

But seriously, very interested in having a default global xml for xenforo..

is this topic dead? I see no activity here since some time.
No, it's not dead.
ATM i have 5 testers which said that it's working right (i wasn't sure if the permission check was working right, that's why i needed them)
Then i waited for the template hooks, because it's boring if you have a global feed which isn't linked^^
I'll try to implement this next week, then i'll release the first public version:)
thx for your patience

OK, template hook implemention finished.
Sent out to the testers, waiting for there ok for the release tommorow^^

Top Bottom