getting the permissions of a non visitorUser

tenants

I want to get the permissions (added to the development Permission Definitions) of the thread creator (rather than the visitingUser).

I'm doing this within a Template_Hook

For this, can I use

Code:
$threadCreatorPerms= XenForo_Model::create('XenForo_Model_Permission')->getPermissionCombinationByUserId($threadCreatorUserId);
and then
Code:
$perms['somePerm'] = (XenForo_Permission::hasPermission(XenForo_Permission::unserializePermissions($threadCreatorPerms['cache_value']), 'myMod',  'somePerm') ? true : false);

I ask this, since getPermissionCombinationByUserId quries a table and returns the permisions from a column labeled "cache_value" possibly meaning that they wont always be upto date. When is the cache_value updated?

Usually, for the viewing user you can just use something like this:

Code:
class MyMod_Model_Perms extends XenForo_Model
{
    public function getPermissions(array $viewingUser = null)
    {
        $this->standardizeViewingUserReference($viewingUser);

$perms['somePerm'] = (XenForo_Permission::hasPermission($viewingUser['permissions'], 'myMod',  'somePerm') ? true : false);

return $perms;
    }
}

but for the thread creator, we don't have cached user values (obviously, since having this for each thread would completely bloat the application)

Is there a better way of doing this, or should I use the above 1st method mentioned to get the thread creators permissions?

This method is not reliable... not all the users are present in the xf_permission_combination ...

There must be a way of getting the permission of a user (that is not the viewer)

This method doesn't curretly work:

Code:
$user= XenForo_Model::create('XenForo_Model_User')->getUserById($user_id);
$threadCreatorPerms = XenForo_Model::create('MyMod_Model_Perms')->getPermissions($user);

since "Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Permission::hasPermission() must be an array, null given"

IE, the getUserById function does not populate the $user['permissions']

Wow... that's extremely helpful.

Thanks ragtek

just to add..(if anyone else needs this), you'll still need to unserialize somewhere:

Code:
        if(!array_key_exists('permissions', $viewingUser)){
            $viewingUser['permissions'] = XenForo_Permission::unserializePermissions($viewingUser['global_permission_cache']);
            }

Top Bottom