Add-on Font resize option when reading posts/threads?

Deepmartini

I would like to see an addon which will give the user an option to resize the font size of the thread/site. Could be places under each post and say "increase size" and make the site fonts bigger. Then would change to "decrease size" or "reset" to bring them back down again. This is useful for people with bad eyesight and accessibility reasons.

You can see an example here but for wordpress:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/enlarge-text/screenshots/

I second this as this affects me. I resize with CTRL+ when my eyes are tired but it has various side effects. It would be very good to ONLY resize the text in a post so the page size doesn't change much.

I think using the browsers zoom function works very as it increases all the text on the page and the images too.

I think using the browsers zoom function works very as it increases all the text on the page and the images too.

That often affects other tabs I have open, and makes the display spill off the right hand side so I have to scroll horizontally to read.
If a control ONLY enlarged the text of a post that would be helpful.

Firefox add-on No Squint. Best I've found.

Obviously, a user option would be nice. If it could work inside the post as opposed to affecting the entire page that could definitely be interesting.

That often affects other tabs I have open, and makes the display spill off the right hand side so I have to scroll horizontally to read.
If a control ONLY enlarged the text of a post that would be helpful.

Which browser do you use? I have not seen any issues as you're describing using Firefox.

It's a simple addon to make whereby you use jQuery to select .messageContent blockquote (plus quotes etc) and increase the font size for each click.

It's a simple addon to make whereby you use jQuery to select .messageContent blockquote (plus quotes etc) and increase the font size for each click.

Wow, I'm surprised no one has made this yet. Extremely useful for older forum participants or those with visual problems. I see fine but noticed that a lot of xenforo forums have small fonts (due to the theme). Being able to enlarge the fonts with a click is a handy function for members. Makes the forum more fun and engaging!

Under each post or a global option to do it?

Something that is user-selectable, globally, would be ideal. Short of that, if a global option would botch things up layout-wise too much, then a global option to at least increase the size of the font in the posts/threads.

Something that is user-selectable, globally, would be ideal. Short of that, if a global option would botch things up layout-wise too much, then a global option to at least increase the size of the font in the posts/threads.
Alright I'm writing up a jsfiddle and we see how you guys feel about it :)

Top Bottom