Flexile 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice work, Erik!

Makes the default theme look bad :)

NOT
spanking.gif

I really like this skin, but I do miss the user panel in the sidebar. I will have to look at adding that back and removing the picture from the top menu and leave that with only links.

Thanks for a great skin!

Jamie

I really like this skin, but I do miss the user panel in the sidebar. I will have to look at adding that back and removing the picture from the top menu and leave that with only links.

Thanks for a great skin!

Jamie
User panel.... you mean the staff online, members online, stats, etc? They're there.

No, I am not sure the name of it, but it's the one that shows the larger avatar and the user stats like the likes, post count, etc.

Jamie

I found it, it's the sidebar_visitor_panel. I reset that to default and have it working on my site with this skin.

The visitor panel needs to be tweaked a little, but I like having that information there and not having the tiny minime icon at the top.

Jamie

To be honest Erik, in the blue style, I would have changed that orange category strip and orange sign up now button to another color. In fact I would have changed all of the orange to another color - light blue, gray, anything but the default orange/peach color.

I hope that orange isn't in the other colors.

I'm assuming by just using the slider on the color palette.

Oh, there's an option! It would be great if we could have a slider that is like in the ACP so the user could change their look and feel to whatever color they wanted it to be! Now that would be cool!

Jamie

Really great style, nice job! But my question is: will you continue working on it to make it look like your first concept? :)
Is there anything you're thinking of specifically? If you change the hue slider of the secondary group of colors so they are blue like the primary colors, the category bars and anything orange in the style will be blue as well, like in the original mockup.

hue-slider.webp

You can change the font of the theme to the Arial used in the mock-up by going to Style Properties > General > Body and removing "Trebuchet MS" from the beginning of the list of fonts. This will make it look much closer overall to the original mockup.

As far as the small details, there are some things I intentionally decided to change, some things that just ended up the way they are due to the CSS I used, and some that I just didn't notice or didn't bother to match exactly.

Let me know if there is anything you want changed specifically and I may be able to help you out. There are some things I want to improve already, and I will always continue to tweak and improve the theme as I notice things. :)

I would love to see one with way less padding/white space, and the more you can continue to consolidate stuff the better. (Like, I hate when something is on a separate line for no reason at all.) I am totally willing to pay for that. And thanks so much for this one - I tried realigning stuff myself and made a total hash out of it.

How do we change the colors to yellow, purple, etc.. as shown above?
You can change the color of the theme by logging into the Admin CP and going to Styles > Flexile > Style Properties > Color Palette and dragging the primary color palette hue slider (the 4th hue slider from the top) to match the color you want. Sorry if I didn't make this clear in the original post. :)

Thanks for a great skin!

Jamie

Yeah, this is something I plan to add back in. Initially I thought it was unneeded/redundant, but now I can see the social appeal of logging in and seeing your avatar, post count, like count, etc. I plan to make this a style property under the style options, so you can simply check or uncheck a box that says "Show user panel in sidebar." The versatility of XenForo's style properties system is truly amazing. :)

It seems like you've managed to enable it yourself. For reference I believe I just commented it out in the applicable template. I didn't test the style with it, so the CSS may need some tweaks once it's enabled. Again, I'll work on this for the next update. :)

To be honest Erik, in the blue style, I would have changed that orange category strip and orange sign up now button to another color. In fact I would have changed all of the orange to another color - light blue, gray, anything but the default orange/peach color.

I hope that orange isn't in the other colors.

Hey Peggy, thanks for the feedback. That was my plan originally, but I wanted to show people that the theme still has support for a secondary color if people want one. The orange can be changed to blue (or any other color), by going into the Style Properties and dragging the hue slider of the orange-colored group:

hue-slider.webp

As far as the "other colors", this is something a few people have been referring to, so I thought I should clear it up. There aren't actually any beginning color presets (besides the default blue). The images shown in the original post were just examples of what can be done using the hue slider. If you want to make a green or red or orange style, all you need to do is go into the Style Properties for the style and drag the hue slider for the primary color group (initially blue) to whatever color you want, and then click Save. Please note that due to the way the human eye perceives color, just dragging the hue slider will sometimes perceptibly lighten or darken the style, creating colors that are too vivid or to dark. This is easy to fix by just clicking on each color and adjusting it until you like the result. :)

As far as the "other colors", this is something a few people have been referring to, so I thought I should clear it up. There aren't actually any beginning color presets (besides the default blue). The images shown in the original post were just examples of what can be done using the hue slider. If you want to make a green or red or orange style, all you need to do is go into the Style Properties for the style and drag the hue slider for the primary color group (initially blue) to whatever color you want, and then click Save. Please note that due to the way the human eye perceives color, just dragging the hue slider will sometimes perceptibly lighten or darken the style, creating colors that are too vivid or to dark. This is easy to fix by just clicking on each color and adjusting it until you like the result. :)

Ok, perhaps you should make that clear in your first post? I'm sure that at least a few others, like me, assume(d) that there are other available colors in the download.
That is generally the case when there are screenshots of other colors.

Yes, someone somewhere put in a request for a saturation slider but it seems to have fallen off the radar.
A brightness slider would be very useful as well. :)
Oh, there's an option! It would be great if we could have a slider that is like in the ACP so the user could change their look and feel to whatever color they wanted it to be! Now that would be cool!

Jamie
That would be cool, and though not impossible, it would require a pretty difficult modification. Fortunately there is a way to make as many color presets as you want for your users:
  1. Log into the Admin CP, and create a new style. Name it something like Flexile Green and (this is important), assign the original Flexile style as it's parent.
  2. Modify the new style by going into the Style Properties and dragging the hue slider until you get the desired color.
  3. Save the style. Repeat from Step 1 for any other colors you wish to add.
  4. If you've done it correctly, your users should now be able to select from a list of styles like "Flexile Green, Flexile Red, Flexile Orange, Flexile Purple" etc.
While I know this isn't ideal, it's all we have right now. :) The cool part is that all the different variants of the Flexile theme should be updated when/if the original is updated, if you assigned the Parent style correctly. :)

Ok, perhaps you should make that clear in your first post? I'm sure that at least a few others, like me, assume(d) that there are other available colors in the download.
That is generally the case when there are screenshots of other colors.
Thanks, suggestion taken. :) Also thank you for the kind words everybody. I'm glad you like the style! :D

I found it, it's the sidebar_visitor_panel. I reset that to default and have it working on my site with this skin.

Jamie, how do you reset it? When I bring up that template there's no reset button anywhere that I can see. I need to put mine back too, because I want to comment-out the moderator bar.

Sorry, never mind - I was confused by the delete button again.

have anyone played with this skin yet and altered their colors to their own preference and maybe show some demo?

Is there anything you're thinking of specifically? If you change the hue slider of the secondary group of colors so they are blue like the primary colors, the category bars and anything orange in the style will be blue as well, like in the original mockup.
For example search bar in this style differs from concept one.
Untitled-1.webp
Also the footer is quite different from what we've seen :)
And the last thing: png mask of forum node icon is too sharp, in concept is was really smooth :)
But at this moment I really like the style and if you make these changes it will be much better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom