Fixed  Google+ / Google +1 button issues

Chromaniac

I just discovered this problem. I believe it started occuring after I updated the forum to the latest stable edition.

Here is what is happening.

I believe Google spiders can access the forum. I have checked through Webmaster Tools.

But Google +1 button is not working.

KVao7.png

Not working even from Google search result pages.

Also noticed that if I try to share a link through Google Plus, Google tells me that the URL is unreachable:

xQScf.png

But if I try to share a static HTML file, it is accessed just fine:

ryvJh.png

What I have checked...

reverted all modified templates.
checked the htaccess file.
disabled nice URLs. did not change the behavior.
even tried renaming the htaccess file... no use.

everything seems to be ok. but i am just failing to resolve this problem.

----

Just noticed that sharing link of this forum too is not working on Google Plus:

5UOWX.png

And clicking the Google +1 button is also not working below.

I just discovered this problem. I believe it started occuring after I updated the forum to the latest stable edition.

Here is what is happening.

I believe Google spiders can access the forum. I have checked through Webmaster Tools.

But Google +1 button is not working.

KVao7.png

Not working even from Google search result pages.

Also noticed that if I try to share a link through Google Plus, Google tells me that the URL is unreachable:

xQScf.png

But if I try to share a static HTML file, it is accessed just fine:

ryvJh.png

What I have checked...

reverted all modified templates.
checked the htaccess file.
disabled nice URLs. did not change the behavior.
even tried renaming the htaccess file... no use.

everything seems to be ok. but i am just failing to resolve this problem.

----

Just noticed that sharing link of this forum too is not working on Google Plus:

5UOWX.png
i noticed the same thing on ragteks board today. i had assumed it was something limited to myself, since there was already a +1 recorded on the page.
i dont have a 103 of my own to test it on.

same thing happens on this very page in fact.

I can only assume that Google +1 Button and Google+ are having some issues right now. Otherwise XenForo developers would have noticed it!

Same on http://xenfans.com/ I can't seem to +1 since this morning.
I thought it was routing, now I am wondering if it isn't something else.

Google +1 is great! Their in private beta testing, it's possible they've updated their code?

It seems once your Google profile is blocked, it's blocked everywhere.

I just tried it on Floris' site and got the red button, now I get the red button here, and also on my own site.

So it's definitely a Google issue.

The code has been customised somewhat to stop loading time impacting the rest of the page.
It would appear Google have updated their API and it's no longer working properly.

Facebook are bad enough for doing this so if Google are going to go the same way then I'll just deactivate it on my site.

it does not work from the google search result pages. it does not work using a browser extension i use. and it also does not work when i add the button code manually (copied from the google site) in the template. this is not a problem with xenforo's integration of google +1 button.

here is what i am trying to say...

something might have changed in the 1.0.3 edition. xenforo generated pages are not being read by google +1 button and google+ social network. static pages on the same domains (not generated by xenforo) are doing just fine!

i would keep an eye on this thing and report back tomorrow if this resolves by itself. otherwise, i would request you to ask one of the developers to look into it! thanks. :)

something might have changed in the 1.0.3 edition. xenforo generated pages are not being read by google +1 button and google+ social network. static pages on the same domains (not generated by xenforo) are doing just fine!

i would keep an eye on this thing and report back tomorrow if this resolves by itself. otherwise, i would request you to ask one of the developers to look into it! thanks. :)

Interesting.

Upon release of 1.0.3, it worked though .. I've +1'd a few pages on release day, after upgrade to 1.0.3 on my site.

ah. if it worked for you after updating to 1.0.3, i cannot think of anything that could be the reason. i guess waiting is the only option right now! thanks.

something might have changed in the 1.0.3 edition.
Maybe I'm missing the point, but the Google +1 button didn't exist in XenForo before 1.0.3.

And I have successfully used it on my site since upgrading to 1.0.3.

Edit: What Floris said.

agreed. i now realize that it worked after 1.0.3 was released. so problem lies somewhere else.

google +1 button existed before xenforo 1.0.3 was released. it existed on search result pages. i had added the code manually using the template editor. and of course there are browser extensions :)

I know that, but i dont block my profile, my friend can't click it too. For the 3rd reason, how to enable Google Profiles?

Top Bottom