Features I don't like in xenForo

I don't like my avatar to show beside the reply box at the bottom of a page. I keep thinking that it's another post or the thread is finished.

If it's kept, then at least move the pagination links above the replybox.

I don't like my avatar to show beside the reply box at the bottom of a page. I keep thinking that it's another post or the thread is finished.

If it's kept, then at least move the pagination links above the replybox.

I am sure they were originally over the replybox and a number of users suggested they get moved bellow the box so they did... I guess the default is staying this way now but I am sure you will be able to move it when you get your hands on the code :)

I keep clicking on home, thinking it will take me to forum home page, instead, I keep getting the portal page.

I understand why it's there, it's just nonintuitive for a forum only website. Hopefully that link will be optionally removed at launch.

I keep clicking on home, thinking it will take me to forum home page, instead, I keep getting the portal page.

I understand why it's there, it's just nonintuitive for a forum only website. Hopefully that link will be optionally removed at launch.

I think it will stay here at xenForo as though it is forum only ATM it won't stay that way the store, feature pages, repository etc will also be here ... However again I am sure it will be customizable :D

The last time I used vB, there is an option in the Admin CP to either allow title change for a limited period of time, or not allow it. Most vB's I've posted on don't permit title changes.

I've never used IPB so I wouldn't know.

I saw how there used to be nested quotes, and now there isn't. So it is an either / or dynamic going on? You can only have single quotes or nested quotes, but not both? I may be mistaken, but I always thought nested quotes is the default on most forums....

Nope because the URL auto redirects to the correct version.. IE if I link to one version then you change the title anyone going to my link will just get 301 redirected to the new one...

I saw how there used to be nested quotes, and now there isn't. So it is an either / or dynamic going on? You can only have single quotes or nested quotes, but not both? I may be mistaken, but I always thought nested quotes is the default on most forums....

The nested quotes where hear first of all but it made quoting multiple people difficult so it was changed I much prefer it the way it is now... If you want to do nested quotes you can do so manually but not automatically.

Yes, I agree with the pagination above the quick reply editor. It has happened to me twice, that I didn't continue to read on and answered directly without a quote, only to have my answer end up two pages later in the conversation, making little sense.

Also talking about quick reply, having the quick reply editor pop-up under the post you are answering with the "Reply" link is something I like in vB and miss here.

Hmm.. am I helping the competition too much here????:D

Scott

For private messages (is there a private message feature?) too?

There is a conversations feature instead it is MUCH better than any PM system I have ever seen and allows multiple people per conversation... basically like private threads, really really nice :D

So no need to multiple quotes on there :)

Top Bottom