• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Feature Requests? Downloads Block for XenPorta?

Jaxel

With the next version of XenPorta, it now has reach across all of XenForo... as can be seen here:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenporta-v1-4-5-beta-test.20312/

With this, it is now possible for there to be a "Downloads" block. I am going to be making this block. However, unlike XenPorta, this block will not be free. It will be the first "premium" block.

So I'm asking, what sort of features do you guys want to see in this block?

One thing I was missing is to show a video player with the recent videos that has been added to XenMedio in sense like the sliders are working. Demo

1bb608d007.png

With the next version of XenPorta, it now has reach across all of XenForo... as can be seen here:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenporta-v1-4-5-beta-test.20312/

With this, it is now possible for there to be a "Downloads" block. I am going to be making this block. However, unlike XenPorta, this block will not be free. It will be the first "premium" block.

Maybe a terminology thing but by block do you mean just one that sits at the side of the portal or an entire downloads system?

I don't quite see how a Downloads block would work as there's no downloads system for it to tie into.

Maybe a terminology thing but by block do you mean just one that sits at the side of the portal or an entire downloads system?

I don't quite see how a Downloads block would work as there's no downloads system for it to tie into.
There is already a downloads system built into XenForo... its called attachments. Instead of re-inventing the wheel, you can simply extend it. By block, I mean one that sits at the side of the THREAD.

From a technical point of view I see what you mean about extending the attachment system but from a use point of view I'd see them as quite different, at least to the end user.

For example, with a downloads system you'd need to upload into categories, rather than uploading into threads. Now the category might just be a fancy thread, styled differently, etc which is I assume along the lines your thinking?

categories for file downloads, ability to specify multiple file storage locations
multiple tagging
access control, with ability for subscription level access
how about file transfer progress bar for each file transferred...

..thats it for now, just off top of my head.

thanx again jaxel.. sign me up good buddy. I want the premium download block for sure.

Top Bottom