Can't fix Editor - dolphin browser iPad

cclaerhout

Nothing serious since this is an "exotic" browser, but the editor doesn't load on Dolphin (iPad) and users can't do anything and can't revert to the textarea window.

Dolphin is not an "exotic" browser. It's very popular on Android devices.
Don't get me wrong, I've been using this browser for 3 years I think and I like it. But it's not in the mainstream. I don't have figures but I presume most of mobile users keep their default browser. And since the editor is working on Safari & Chrome it might be difficult to find where does the problem come, especially without debugger.

Nice and now you had fun you can take 3 minutes to confirm or not the bug to check if only the iOS version has this problem.

It does seem to be the iOS version only. Unfortunately, it's not really directly targettable. The user agent is just Safari, but some different version numbers. I will need to do more testing.

I haven't been able to find a way to target Dolphin either. The user agent is virtually indistinguishable from Safari under iOS (testing with my phone).

At this point I'm going to have to mark this as a problem with Redactor + Dolphin rather than anything we can address ourselves.

I haven't been able to find a way to target Dolphin either. The user agent is virtually indistinguishable from Safari under iOS (testing with my phone).

At this point I'm going to have to mark this as a problem with Redactor + Dolphin rather than anything we can address ourselves.
The demo editor in redactor site is working fine in iOS.
Perhaps there is something in the XenForo scripts that breaks the editor.

Top Bottom