Donation Manager [Paid] [Deleted]

Robbo

Robbo submitted a new resource:

Donation Manager (version 1.0 Beta 3) - Simple yet powerful donation manager.

A simple yet powerful donation manager designed to convince your community to give you money! It is designed to present donation goals in a noticeable manner to be very clear on where you are with donations and why you need them. When a user decides he or she wants to donate they use a streamlined system which never loads another page until going to PayPal for the final step. Includes anonymous donations, ability to specify amounts and/or allow for a custom amount and for the donor to leave a...

Read more about this resource...

Robbo updated Donation Manager with a new update entry:

Version 1.0 Beta 3 Change Log

Version 1.0 Beta 3 released
Backup before running the upgrade! This is beta software.
  • ACP sections have been moved to be under applications
  • lots of back end refactoring due to a poor design decision when first making this, will help to update faster in the future
  • options to see donations/donors are now permissions. If you don't have permissions to see the donations/donors sections then you won't be able to see...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Robbo,

Is there a way to re-arrange where the donation sidebar items appear on the main forum sidebar? Currently it defaults to the very top, is there somewhere I can make an edit (code, options, whatever) to perhaps control where the donation sidebar items go? I'd like to include top donations and such but I don't want it at the very top of the sidebar, rather in the middle somewhere or near the top. Looking at your listener it seems to just extend the forum sidebar and doesn't make use of hooks which I'm used to, and extending functions in XF is something I'm unfamiliar with so I'm fairly lost. Was going to just try and make a quick listener edit to help control where it got slapped in... at any rate if you have any ideas or insight I'd appreciate it greatly!

Thanks & can't wait for 1.0 stable! Keep up the awesome work. (y)

Seems like it isn't upgrading db tables properly. When upgrading I receive the following error:

Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'merc_donation' already exists
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Merc/DonationManager/Installer.php at line 118
  4. Merc_DonationManager_Installer->_installVersion15() in XenPlus/Installer.php at line 128
  5. XenPlus_Installer->_callVersionMethod() in XenPlus/Installer.php at line 80
  6. XenPlus_Installer->runInstall() in XenPlus/Installer.php at line 34
  7. XenPlus_Installer::install()
  8. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  9. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  10. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 212
  11. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  12. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  13. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/aom/public_html/admin.php at line 13[/code]

After clearing out and starting from scratch, still cannot get it to install:

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'payPalPrimaryAccount-mercDonations' for key 1
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in Merc/DonationManager/Installer.php at line 59
  5. Merc_DonationManager_Installer->_installVersion1() in XenPlus/Installer.php at line 128
  6. XenPlus_Installer->_callVersionMethod() in XenPlus/Installer.php at line 80
  7. XenPlus_Installer->runInstall() in XenPlus/Installer.php at line 34
  8. XenPlus_Installer::install()
  9. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  10. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  11. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
  12. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  13. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  14. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/aom/public_html/admin.php at line 13

After clearing out and starting from scratch, still cannot get it to install:

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'payPalPrimaryAccount-mercDonations' for key 1
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in Merc/DonationManager/Installer.php at line 59
  5. Merc_DonationManager_Installer->_installVersion1() in XenPlus/Installer.php at line 128
  10. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  11. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
  12. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  13. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  14. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/aom/public_html/admin.php at line 13

I have the same issue. He said it was due to having a lower MySQL version

Hi Robbo,

Is there a way to re-arrange where the donation sidebar items appear on the main forum sidebar? Currently it defaults to the very top, is there somewhere I can make an edit (code, options, whatever) to perhaps control where the donation sidebar items go? I'd like to include top donations and such but I don't want it at the very top of the sidebar, rather in the middle somewhere or near the top. Looking at your listener it seems to just extend the forum sidebar and doesn't make use of hooks which I'm used to, and extending functions in XF is something I'm unfamiliar with so I'm fairly lost. Was going to just try and make a quick listener edit to help control where it got slapped in... at any rate if you have any ideas or insight I'd appreciate it greatly!

Thanks & can't wait for 1.0 stable! Keep up the awesome work. (y)
I actually is using hooks just with my custom listener classes. You will notice the name of the function is the same name as the hook but in camel case. To change the position make a code edit and change the function name the the name of the hook position you want to use. I am thinking of how to handle moving the sidebar around, I would rather a template edit to be able to move it for advanced users. Might end up just giving in and making an option (been avoiding these types of options as I follow what XenForo does).

Seems like it isn't upgrading db tables properly. When upgrading I receive the following error:

Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'merc_donation' already exists
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Merc/DonationManager/Installer.php at line 118
  4. Merc_DonationManager_Installer->_installVersion15() in XenPlus/Installer.php at line 128
  5. XenPlus_Installer->_callVersionMethod() in XenPlus/Installer.php at line 80
  6. XenPlus_Installer->runInstall() in XenPlus/Installer.php at line 34
  7. XenPlus_Installer::install()
  8. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  9. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  10. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 212
  11. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  12. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  13. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/aom/public_html/admin.php at line 13[/code]

This would happen if you tried to update, the renaming columns didn't work from the MySQL version issue and then you have tried to update again and the tables have been changed but the install failed. Somewhere in my code it isn't reverting changes if an install fails, either that or a XenForo bug as it appears to be fairly random. I will release a minor version to fix these issues when I am running on more than 1 hour sleep (I would say around about 15 hours from now).

Sorry about the issue. It is something I couldn't really catch without testing all possible server configurations. Usually I would get a fix out quicker but times are hard.

Wow. I said around about 15 hours after that post and it was very close :D

These issues are fixed.

Hi Robbo,

Thanks for the update, however, after downloading the latest version from your website I still receive the following error on brand new install:

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'payPalPrimaryAccount-mercDonations' for key 'PRIMARY'

Hi Robbo,

I'm trying to upgrade from version 1.0 Beta 2.3.1 to the latest, 3.1 and I receive the following error upon upgrading:

Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IF EXISTS merc_user_donation TO merc_donation' at line 1
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Merc/DonationManager/Installer.php at line 118
  5. Merc_DonationManager_Installer->_installVersion15() in XenPlus/Installer.php at line 128
  11. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 212
  12. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  14. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/-snip-/htdocs/admin.php at line 13

Do I need to do a fresh install and not an upgrade or... ?

I received the following error when attempting an upgrade:

Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IF EXISTS merc_user_donation TO merc_donation' at line 1

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Merc/DonationManager/Installer.php at line 118
Merc_DonationManager_Installer->_installVersion15() in XenPlus/Installer.php at line 128
XenPlus_Installer->_callVersionMethod() in XenPlus/Installer.php at line 80
XenPlus_Installer->runInstall() in XenPlus/Installer.php at line 34
XenPlus_Installer::install() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 212
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/content/72/6212372/html/sites/yandb/tigerland/admin.php at line 13

Try again guys, re-download the zip. Some people will still have issues due to previous failed install attempts. I will deal with them personally as they come up.

Try again guys, re-download the zip. Some people will still have issues due to previous failed install attempts. I will deal with them personally as they come up.

Working now, thank you. :)

I have noticed another problem. From the List Donations -> Controls -> Edit Donation Entry -> Changed date and then clicked save donation, I received the following error.

Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'last_donation_date' in 'field list'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Merc/DonationManager/DataWriter/Donation.php at line 115
  5. Merc_DonationManager_DataWriter_Donation->updateGoalAndUserAmountTotals() in Merc/DonationManager/DataWriter/Donation.php at line 62
  6. Merc_DonationManager_DataWriter_Donation->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Merc/DonationManager/ControllerAdmin/Donation.php at line 143
  8. Merc_DonationManager_ControllerAdmin_Donation->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/aom/public_html/admin.php at line 13

I'm sorry. Something has gone wrong with my tests and I can't look into it properly right now. Having a real life issue. I'll get back to this later today.

Thanks for the quick work! All working now.

Working now, thank you. :)

I have noticed another problem. From the List Donations -> Controls -> Edit Donation Entry -> Changed date and then clicked save donation, I received the following error.

I replicated your edit on my system but do not receive the error.

Top Bottom