Diablo 3 Build guides - Posting, reviewing and rating

maxwolfie

I have used Diablo 3 just as an example, as I am sure most of you are at least familiar with this style of game. I run a website called Hack, Slash, Repeat - Action RPG Community, we have "build guide" section for many games, however getting people to stick to the "template" that needs to be used is quite tedious. What I am looking for is an alternative that allows members to post under a certain forced template structure, but most importantly I am looking for some way of allowing each viewer to "rate" the build. There then should be a way to sort the build listing by the rating (best first). Being able to search for certain criteria (certain skills, for instance) would be a good thing too.

We also have the Diablo 3 Tooltip script installed, but getting people to use this properly is like getting blood out of stone.

See my site to see what I've done so far, basically it's just a bunch of forums where all new threads are subject to a moderation queue.I'm using the Nodes as Tabs mod to make it more accessible.

www.HackSlashRepeat.com

I'm pretty new to modifying existing software to work with things I make, so I can't make anything for you.

There's a tutorial here on how to post from a page to the database. You could modify to post to that specific section and create a form :)

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/how-to-read-and-write-into-the-database-with-a-page.328/

Just change the database info to post to the category in the MySQL database. Use the form and get the values to post as one into the message area :)

I have used Diablo 3 just as an example, as I am sure most of you are at least familiar with this style of game. I run a website called Hack, Slash, Repeat - Action RPG Community, we have "build guide" section for many games, however getting people to stick to the "template" that needs to be used is quite tedious. What I am looking for is an alternative that allows members to post under a certain forced template structure, but most importantly I am looking for some way of allowing each viewer to "rate" the build. There then should be a way to sort the build listing by the rating (best first). Being able to search for certain criteria (certain skills, for instance) would be a good thing too.

We also have the Diablo 3 Tooltip script installed, but getting people to use this properly is like getting blood out of stone.

See my site to see what I've done so far, basically it's just a bunch of forums where all new threads are subject to a moderation queue.I'm using the Nodes as Tabs mod to make it more accessible.

www.HackSlashRepeat.com

I'm running into the same problem. The closest I can get is the xenCarta add-on.

I will see about making a tutorial or something. I think I can make it an add-on now... so it'll be easier. The only problem is you will have to change the forum node #s in the code manually until I figure out how to make the section for the admins. Expect something tonight (10-12 hours from now).

I will see about making a tutorial or something. I think I can make it an add-on now... so it'll be easier. The only problem is you will have to change the forum node #s in the code manually until I figure out how to make the section for the admins. Expect something tonight (10-12 hours from now).
That sounds great :)

Top Bottom