Demo: Set all registered users as moderated?

PRODOS

Greetings.

Getting acquainted with XenForo using one of the temporary demo forums at present.

Question: Is it possible with XenForo to have the posts of all members of the "Registered user" group go to the moderation queue?

But: For the logged in user to be able to see his post? (And to see that his post is waiting on the moderator's approval.)

I've been looking within the Admin Control Panel but am finding the descriptions and terminology confusing.

Thanks for any pointers on this.

Best Wishes,

PRODOS
Melbourne, Australia

Greetings.

Is it possible to set registered users to always be moderated?

I've tried to do it within a Xenforo demo, but am finding it confusing.

Can someone post me to instructions on how to do this?

Thanks.

Best Wishes,

PRODOS
Currently in Cincinnati, OH

Of course I figured it out just after posting the previous note. :rolleyes:

For the usergroup, Registered Users, I set "Follow message moderation rules" to "No".

Feedback: Working out how to do this has been very awkward, not intuitive, and time-consuming.

Why?

Brogan already gave you the answer about 15 minutes after you first posted:

"The first step is to configure the Registered user group with the base permissions all members will have. As we want all members to be pre-moderated initially, then the permission Follow message moderation rules must be set to Not Set (No)."

The solution was part of a wider solution in the example given, but the solution was already there.

The solution was part of a wider solution in the example given, but the solution was already there.

True.

Personally, I found it difficult to go from the example given to the specific thing I wanted to do.

In the end I found the answer on another thread in the XenForo forums where the same "how to" question was asked by a licensed user.

True.

Personally, I found it difficult to go from the example given to the specific thing I wanted to do.

In the end I found the answer on another thread in the XenForo forums where the same "how to" question was asked by a licensed user.
XenForo is really user-friendly. If you check the admin panel and the moderation options you'll see how easy is to moderate and administrate it.
To avoid illegal uses of the software this kind of questions made by unlicensed users aren't answered with the same details than licensed users.

XenForo is really user-friendly. If you check the admin panel and the moderation options you'll see how easy is to moderate and administrate it.
To avoid illegal uses of the software this kind of questions made by unlicensed users aren't answered with the same details than licensed users.

Thanks Claudio. Sure, I understand that and respect that policy.

The full answer was given in this case.

I appreciate your help.

I went back and carefully re-read the page you referred to and it does indeed have the "full answer"!

Namely: "As we want all members to be pre-moderated initially, then the permission Follow message moderation rules must be set to Not Set (No)."

Just wanted to put it on record that the oversight was mine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom