XF 1.4 Custom Help Pages and New Profile Post Features

Today, we have a video showing upcoming improvements to the XenForo help system, and a new way to surface profile posts.

View on Vimeo

My apologies for the sound quality, I'm hoping that some new audio gear will be arriving before I record the next one of these.

Just a reminder: Please do not post suggestions in this thread (even if you feel they are related). Use the dedicated suggestion forum so they can be tracked; suggestions made in this thread are unlikely to be implemented.

Am I the only weirdo who is most excited by the fact that it can use callbacks to create custom help pages?

That's kinda crazy that this is the one HYS that I think I have missed (I hope so...I mean I didn't know that I had missed it till a second ago). I just watched it for nostalgic purposes at this point since I have long since had the feature mentioned there. heh

Am I the only weirdo who is most excited by the fact that it can use callbacks to create custom help pages?
Possibly :D

It's a nice feature. But it's nothing new. Page nodes can use callbacks already and, effectively, creating custom Help pages has always been possible, albeit by adding additional actions to the existing controller.

Not that I'm complaining that there's a new way of doing it. It's a great feature.

Possibly :D

It's a nice feature. But it's nothing new. Page nodes can use callbacks already and, effectively, creating custom Help pages has always been possible, albeit by adding additional actions to the existing controller.

Not that I'm complaining that there's a new way of doing it. It's a great feature.
Well yeah that's what I mean, you can now do all of that now without doing any of the MVC stuff (you can actually do it already without extending or modifying any php too ;-) ) and still easily tie in data straight from a callback which for me a lot of the stuff I had been trying to do a few months ago became ridiculous easy by using callbacks (like an online game account verifier) so I am just happy to see it there. :)

Is this a... Social Feature?
Oh dear! They are no longer neglected! :giggle:

I hope there is a post coming about the Follow System, it would be fun as it just happened with the Status system, the Follow Users to be tweaked, for example on the New Status Post tab, it could exist one sub to show only posts from friends.

Actually that is part of the whole Your News Feed page, but sadly it is very hidden to be something nice to use around.

Why is the listing of new profile post not as compact as new posts? There is superfluous whitespace on the new profile posts page. Is this done on purpose of is this a small bug?

Today, we have a video showing upcoming improvements to the XenForo help system, and a new way to surface profile posts.

View on Vimeo

My apologies for the sound quality, I'm hoping that some new audio gear will be arriving before I record the next one of these.

Just a reminder: Please do not post suggestions in this thread (even if you feel they are related). Use the dedicated suggestion forum so they can be tracked; suggestions made in this thread are unlikely to be implemented.

Very exciting info - it's looking good!

Top Bottom