Creating Tabs

DaveL

Ive created quite a few pages and want to display them in the navbar similar to the current set up.

Ive searched the forum and found quite a lot of examples, but they all seem to complicated! One I did find that looked pretty simple I couldnt get to work because it wasnt very detailed! http://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-adding-tabs-to-your-pages.7145/

Im looking to have it so when you click on the link in the navbar, it shows the options available underneath, like the current setup. Can anyone point me in the direction of the best and easiest way to do this please :)

Also, Ive created a page which Ive called home and got it set so when you click on the logo or the home button it takes you there, however the home button dosent get highlighted and it remains on the forum tab. Any idea how I can resolve this?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Thanks James.

Is that really the easiest way of doing it? Ive got to convert over 100 pages and really dont want to have to do that 100 times!

Im not too fussed about it showing up in the breadcrumbs or anything, just some html to add to the navigation tab would be great if anyone can help.

Must admit its a bit dissapointing to have a greate pages feature let down by the lack of built in tab intergration.

Thanks again for your reply James. I think im getting the hang of it now, however ive got a problem!

Ive managed to create a new tab with subtabs :)

If you view this page, it acts like I want it too. However, If you click on any of the image links, the tab reverts back to "Forum" being highlighted and the breadcrumb changes.

I dont want to create a sub link for each presenter, as ive got other links to fill up the subnav bar with and plus it would look crowded and pointless considering their all on that main page!

Any help really really appreciated! I thought I had it nailed until I came across this problem!

Top Bottom