Resource icon

Cookie Law - Cookie Control Widget - Implied Consent Only 1.0

No permission to download

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Yorick submitted a new resource:

Cookie Law - Cookie Control Widget - Implied Consent Only (version 1.0) - Provides a discrete widget which notifies relevant visitors of cookie usage on your site.

Please consider donating if you find this add-on useful.
btn_donateCC_LG.gif

This add-on looks at the geographical location of your visitor and if they are browsing from the UK, they will be served a notification regarding your site's use of cookies.

View attachment 30548 View attachment 30549

It comes with two themes, dark and light, fully configurable from...

Read more about this resource...

Very usefull. many thanks for this. Is it also possible to change the info this way everyone gets the popup, not only UK?

Very usefull. many thanks for this. Is it also possible to change the info this way everyone gets the popup, not only UK?
There is a template called CookieControl.

There is a line that reads:

Code:
countries:'United Kingdom' // Or supply a list ['United Kingdom', 'Greece']

This needs some testing, but I believe if you edit it to read:

Code:
countries:''

Then it shows for everyone.

If people could test this and let me know. Otherwise I'll have to catch a flight to loads of countries to test ;)

Thanks for making this mod, it's appreciated! But I do have one question :)

I haven't investigated the templates involved in it yet, so there a way not to show the corner image, it's ruining my footer heh heh heh.. I think I'd rather have the ability to add my own image in a place of my choosing then have to place it in the corner :D

The image is all handled by the javascript which is all done by whoever wrote the widget in the first place.

If you check out the Admin CP options, there is an option to change it from the triangle image to a diamond (might look better) also there's an option to have it on the right instead of the left.

I might have another idea too, but can you show me exactly how it's ruining the footer, such as a screenshot?

We might be able to inject some CSS somewhere that will change its position.

The footer is in the process of being built, so I don't have a working screenshot yet, it's just sitting on top of the gradient image I have in place and looks terrible heh heh heh I tried the diamond but don't really like it lol.. I was thinking more a thin rectangle strip centred in my footer. If I can edit it via css, it shouldn't be too bad :D

There's no template where you can edit the CSS but I have found some CSS classes that the javascript uses.

The one for the button itself is div#ccc-icon button.

So for example if you wanted to completely hide the button (probably not, but just as an example) you could add this to EXTRA.css:

Code:
div#ccc-icon button
{
display: none!important;
}

You might want to experiment with something like:

Code:
div#ccc-icon button
{
background-image: url(pathtoyourimage.png);
}

There's a few clues to get you started :D

Maybe I'm missing the line of code I need to change.... Is there away to have this on the left side, not the right?

I rarely make people change code to configure my stuff.

Options are in Admin CP > Options > Cookie .... Will be somewhere near the bottom.

I rarely make people change code to configure my stuff.

Options are in Admin CP > Options > Cookie .... Will be somewhere near the bottom.

And that is what makes you one of the more outstanding developers here (y)

There is a template called CookieControl.

There is a line that reads:

Code:
countries:'United Kingdom' // Or supply a list ['United Kingdom', 'Greece']

This needs some testing, but I believe if you edit it to read:

Code:
countries:''

Then it shows for everyone.

If people could test this and let me know. Otherwise I'll have to catch a flight to loads of countries to test ;)
I was wondering about this. Wasn't the law passed for all of Europe or is that still pending?! I know The UK passed this, but I recall this being a "Euro Zone" privacy policy of topic once.... Know any details on that?!

All I know is that you can add countries (that is a code edit unfortunately in the template :p). It only shows to UK but add other countries to the list for it to show there too.

Great little add on :)

Some possible suggestions for customisability (might not really be worth the time to implement, but could be handy anyway):

1. In the ACP have a checkbox to display or hide the button through CSS as described in your post #7 above.
  2. Have a another option to control the display time in seconds on the ACP.
  3. Have a text box in the ACP where you can enter a hex color value, this will then adjust the 4 css properties for the pop up box automatically to fit in with whatever colour the theme of your site is.

It's a shame they use a sprite instead of css to colour the triangle/diamond as they could have also then been styled using suggestion 3.

I'm mildly puzzled as to why Firebug tells me this has an error.

SyntaxError: unterminated string literal

Of course it would figure that it is telling me that it is within jquery on line 16 col 11:confused:

PHP:
(function(a,b)Etag"))

Hi, @Chris Deeming!

Some questions:
  1. Is this add-on working on XF 1.2.2?
  2. Can I block AdSense cookies with this add-on, but leave ads to be visible?
I really need some cookie consent add-on, because the law in my country is very strict. Cookies needs to be opt-in, so NO cookies (accept own important ones) are allowed to set on computer before user accepts them.

I need that kind of add-on badly!

Regards,
BassMan

1. Don't know. Probably.
2. No, sorry. It doesn't block anything. It's just a warning.

Top Bottom