Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
David I wonder if you would consider adding Follows avatars to the sidebar on all Conversation pages? Same as appears on the forum list front page.
With a link to Start Convo under each one.
This would act as a personal address book.

Also the effect when I type in an addressee's name is a bit silly. It's good that it shows me the name of the member + mini avatar. That is reassuring that I have the name spelled right. BUT I should be able to put the first few letters, eg "Syn- " get the dropdown, then CLICK the dropdown for the full name to transfer to the box.
It always feels like it ought to to that but then it does not.

Hi Morgain,

The mini address book sounds like a good idea. I'll look into it.

Also the effect when I type in an addressee's name is a bit silly. It's good that it shows me the name of the member + mini avatar. That is reassuring that I have the name spelled right. BUT I should be able to put the first few letters, eg "Syn- " get the dropdown, then CLICK the dropdown for the full name to transfer to the box.
It always feels like it ought to to that but then it does not.
Not sure where you are having problems with this. Is this when you are starting a conversation or when creating a group?
In both cases when you type a name in, the hint box with the avatar should appear and when you click on it the name should be entered into the input box for you.

Hi Morgain,
The mini address book sounds like a good idea. I'll look into it.

Cool. Glad it interests you.
I did a mockup for another coder who never coded it. I put a title over it "MY PEOPLE."
The avatars were to act normally - open Membercard. Plus an individual link under each to open convo.
I also put a link centre under the avatar block "My Inbox."

In both cases when you type a name in, the hint box with the avatar should appear and when you click on it the name should be entered into the input box for you.

Ah I thought this was odd. Mine doesn't. Maybe a js problem although I don't have this kind of problem elsewhere. It's on all XF boards though not just mine.

Just to complicate things for you Syndol - never let it be said I make life simple for coders

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...-a-friends-list-in-xenforo.27907/#post-328228

User can select SOME of the Follows as Friends. Code 1 if selected.
These always list priority first in a users list like on Profile, Conversation participants, or sidebar who's online, or Conversation sidebar.
and maybe have a 1px border wherever their avatar shows.

An impertinent extra! When selection is made to promote Follow to Friend, the Friend gets a Conversation message
"I have added you to my Friends because you're important!"
User can change the message. So I guess it opens a Convo message with pre-set editable text; but in another tab, so as not to interfere with selecting more Friends!

Just tell me to go away. I understand.

Well, what you are talking about is a whole new add-on.
It is one thing to place 'follow' avatars on the conversation list (not even sure where as a side bar would look out of place there), but to select 'friends' is a complete new ball game.

:) OK. I accept it might be a new addon to go that far - the Friends thing.

But the Follows I mentioned before would go in a sidebar.
In the completed message page it would go under Participants.
On other Convo pages it would just be the standard XF sidebar - showing my avatar at top, with this Follows block underneath as an include.
I have the standard sidebar on all pages incl. convo ones, with my own include. It looks fine and really helps navigation. (One link I put in my include template is the Quick Navigation one.)

It is not required at all, but if you hate manual template edits then TMS solves that for you.

It is not required at all, but if you hate manual template edits then TMS solves that for you.
I just saw that in the detailed instructions right have I posted that. Thanks! I'll be buying this tonight and grabbing TMS. We're going to have a lot of happy users. ;)

Syndol updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.2

What's new:
  • Added a Moderator Auto Response after X number of days feature for moderators who are AWOL (absent without leave). Please visit the options page of this add-on in your ACP to turn the feature on and set it up for your own needs. This feature ensures that conversations directed at moderators do not go un-answered. If one of your moderators is contacted but he/she has not logged-in for X number of days, the system will first attempt to auto respond with the moderator's Auto...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm afraid not, but the information is there in the member card if you just click their username or avatar.

I'm afraid not, but the information is there in the member card if you just click their username or avatar.

it's not a convenient way.
Can you have a small icon or a small screen border to see if he is online?

Syndol updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.3

What's new:
  • Fixed a small issue to do with conversation stickies.
  • Fixed a typo in one of the TMS template edits that caused double pagination bars on the conversation list page. If you used manual template edits, then there is nothing to fix., This is only an issue for those who use the TMS for the edits.
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Upload the file 'Upload/library/ConvEss/Model/Conversation.php' to your server, overwriting the old one
  2. Upgrade the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've troubles with this addon. After seeing things was not displayed on the conversation page, I've uninstalled the addon, revert back templates changes, then installing TMS addon, and installing Conversation Essentials v1.0.3 and I get :
20120307160758.png

What should I do, now ?

What should I do, now ?
It looks like you have not reverted the templates completely.
Ensure that 'conversation_list' and 'conversation_list_item' do not have any lines that start with <!-- ConvEss -->

I've used the button to revert changes. Anyway, just searched abour conversation_list, and it doesn't find the template.
Actually for any templates modified by TMS.
20120307163843.png

Though I can see the changes in Templates Modifications

20120307164037.png

One thing weird, is for example, is I click on "diff", it says the template was not found.. Is it a bug with TMS ?

Anyway, what should I do ?

Looks like you have deleted the templates from the MASTER style.
You will have to reinstall them I guess.

Top Bottom