Resource icon

[ChipXF] Mobile Switcher (can disable other addons for mobile) 1.0

No permission to download
chiplove.9xpro submitted a new resource:

[ChipXF] Mobile Switcher (can disable other addons for mobile) (version 1.0) - mobile switcher, auto detect mobile

Hi,
This addon automatic detect mobile browser and switch to mobile style

This is my first add-on submit to Xenforo, i know have similar addon submited by other developer, but it have no option to disable other addon when system loaded

May be someone needs the option (at least is me ^^!) then i share it
Features:
  • Auto detect mobile browser
  • Switch to mobile style
  • Disable other addons not needed for mobile easy load

How to install ?
  1. Upload ChipXF/ folder to library
  2. Import XML file
  3. Enjoy

Read more about this resource...

Attachments

• 2012-08-09_085405.webp
    2012-08-09_085405.webp
    47.8 KB · Views: 32
Great idea! Would love to be able to disable certain add-ons on my mobile style, however :).

ChipXF folder is empty in the zip

Which ones give problems ? CPU intensive ones ?

Not so much that but I'm thinking more of cosmetic plugins, like on Gamer Exit we have a steam plugin to show the little steam badges on the post bit, it would be great to easily disable the addon without making template changes.

it would be great to easily disable the addon without making template changes.
Sounds like a great idea.
Any suggestions ?

For an addon developer, let's say the upcoming Gallery ... how would that be optimally designed for mobile and standard styles ? Possible ?

Good suggestions by 8thos. I would rather it not detect iPad at least if there is a easy way.

Good suggestions by 8thos. I would rather it not detect iPad at least if there is a easy way.
I believe iPad has a unique identifier, so you simply remove it from the list in mobile detect setting for this add-on and that should be it.

I believe iPad has a unique identifier, so you simply remove it from the list in mobile detect setting for this add-on and that should be it.
That's an average feature of every mobile switcher released thus far.

Not good enough. The vBulletin mobile switcher lets members choose different mobile themes after it automatically switches them to the mobile theme.

The mobile switchers of xenforo does not. We are only able to play around with the unique identifiers. Lets get out of the stone age already.

I've used an autoswitcher in the past, and some of my users would rather use the default/normal skin rather than the mobile skin but the other switcher wouldn't allow them to switch to our other skin. Will this force mobile users to only use the mobile skin or allow them to switch to another skin without a problem?

another vote here for the option for users to change the theme if they don't like it, I have plenty who enjoy our new mobile theme and a few who wish they could use the standard theme, same devices so it's a choice the users need to make, they just need the option :)

Thanks for what you've added chiplove, it works great so far.

Top Bottom