California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the move?

At one point, I thought it would be suited to host it on my blog, and provide commentaries - now, given the newer structure, it is easier to maintain and reference to as a mini-site, given the various pages it has including the upcoming ones.

My blog would probably begin to have my own commentary on it.

The judge assigned to his case, U.S. District Court Judge Manual Real, was appointed to the federal bench in 1966 by Lyndon Johnson.

At nearly 88 (his birthday is Jan. 27), Real is what we used to call a character. He has spent 45 years on the same bench and, in his court room, he projects an image that combines the demeanor of an irascible uncle who mutters loudly and tyrannically over his soup at Thanksgiving dinner, with that of a glowering bird of prey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Real#Decisions

I removed the images, only because the case is still pending.

Its probably best not to discuss the judge on an open forum....

why? last time I checked it wasn't a crime, ask judge Ito. If he bases decisions from offhand comments from people not even associated with the case, well then, good luck with your entire legal system :)
That's almost as good as the people worried paranoid "IB are reading their posts here", like their forum detective skills can swing a case in a new direction or worse. Lawyers and judges do not get paid to read our inane comments and personal opinions as customers, so chillax guys.

why? last time I checked it wasn't a crime, ask judge Ito. If he bases decisions from offhand comments from people not even associated with the case, well then, good luck with your entire legal system :)
That's almost as good as the people worried paranoid "IB are reading their posts here", like their forum detective skills can swing a case in a new direction or worse. Lawyers and judges do not get paid to read our inane comments and personal opinions as customers, so chillax guys.
Because its not really good 'form' to discuss the judge that is residing over a case that involves the company who produce the forum the discussion is taking place on.

Sure, it shouldn't have an impact on the case, but personally, I'd rather not take that chance.

Dude, it's a free county and judges are public figures. We'll discuss them all day and all night if want to.
Unless you own this forum and community, you are not 'free' to discuss anything you'd like. Owners and admins set the rules, just as on your own forum.
And moderators are appointed to moderate the discussion as set forth by said owner/admins.

If you've read through this thread, you'd know that we have been asked - several times, in fact - to not speak ill of the judge. He will afterall, decide this case.
And if you think that he doesn't have access to what is being said about him, IB, and this case.. then you'd do well to think again.

VB can hype all they want... just like their last fiasco, I don't see this one getting any better.

Just take a look at the resource area here... they're now starting to really build and more developers are heading towards Xenforo progressively. It will take a good 5 years IMO, in which time VB will nearly be out of the market and XF & IPB the dominant forces, especially the way the big boards are converting over to XF software. Apart from the obvious addictive benefits of XF, thus increasing posting, big boards will save themselves thousands due to the way XF runs so flawlessly upon servers compared to IPB or VB...

I run a small forum in the scheme of things, hopefully hitting the 500k mark at the end of this year, and just shifting from VB to XF I have saved myself a good $500 a year in server costs, requiring only a single core that is running at 75% capacity compared to VB needing two cores running at 70% capacity. That is how poor VB runs on a server.

I could imagine big boards with millions of posts would be saving themselves thousands per annum, whilst also increasing their post count at the same time due to the addictiveness of XF and its speed. That is just good business for the bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom