XF 1.2 Bulk Thread Management

Following on from the bulk user management feature we showed earlier, XenForo 1.2 will also allow you to do bulk thread management from the control panel. You will be able to search for any thread with this set of criteria:

ss-2013-06-01_10-41-36.webp

Note that this finds threads and not posts within them.

And then you can take the following actions on matching threads:

ss-2013-06-01_10-42-14.webp

I don't believe we showed this with bulk user management, but the same option applies there. If you're unsure if the matches are correct or if you want to manually filter them down, you can click the "view or filter matches" link. For bulk thread management, you'll get results like this:

ss-2013-06-01_10-42-27.webp

You can use the check boxes on the left to manually filter which of the matched threads will be updated. Clicking the "batch update selected" button will return you to the action selection page. Choose the action(s) you want and let the changes happen. :)

Following on from the bulk user management feature we showed earlier, XenForo 1.2 will also allow you to do bulk thread management from the control panel. You will be able to search for any thread with this set of criteria:

View attachment 47287

Note that this finds threads and not posts within them.

And then you can take the following actions on matching threads:

View attachment 47288

I don't believe we showed this with bulk user management, but the same option applies there. If you're unsure if the matches are correct or if you want to manually filter them down, you can click the "view or filter matches" link. For bulk thread management, you'll get results like this:

View attachment 47289

You can use the check boxes on the left to manually filter which of the matched threads will be updated. Clicking the "back update selected" button will return you to the action selection page. Choose the action(s) you want and let the changes happen. :)
Having recently closed 60 threads, this sounds immensely useful. It wasn't hard before with inline moderation, it is now even easier.
Another great update.

An update on Saturday :eek: What next, Sunday aswell!?
Or .. maybe Mike is intentionally publishing updates at different times to mess up with the people trying to figure out a pattern, all the while enjoying the conspiracy theories that will form out of that.

"Yes, yes, and update on Saturday must mean that it's going to be sooooon" (say that while rubbing hands against each other). All the while was salivating. The admin then goes to the forum and reports. "Soon, soon the toy will be ours my dears". "An update on Saturday surely means that early June is approaching"

(... I'll go back to sleep now)

Wow.. another add-on to be removed. You need this rarely but when you do it is sorely missed.

This is so much more powerful than the one by digitalpoint.

YES! Get in! I'm refreshing this forum daily for new threads. So exciting!
Absolutely essential functionality for bigger forums, and nice to have it in the core.

Following on from the bulk user management feature we showed earlier, XenForo 1.2 will also allow you to do bulk thread management from the control panel. You will be able to search for any thread...
Or .. maybe Mike is intentionally publishing updates at different times to mess up with the people trying to figure out a pattern, all the while enjoying the conspiracy theories that will form out of that.

I bet Mike would enjoy the flexibility of posting HYS announcements on a schedule if he followed our suggestion and created a Scheduled Post Utility for XF! :sneaky:

Top Bottom