Brogan

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks once again for all your support and messages here, via PM and on my profile.
It really is gratifying to know that I was able to help so many people and my efforts were not wasted.

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment, it would require a fairly major change for me to return and I'm 99% certain that person wouldn't agree to that, so it's not going to happen.

That being the case, there really is no reason for me to hang around here any longer , so I wish you all well and it's time for me to move on.

Good luck Brogan! All the best for the future!

I know we didn't always see eye to eye, but i did respect you.

I think it's pathetic the snippit about who treated him wrongly was "moderated" out. Really.... pathetic.
It's starting to sound like they had a disagreement behind the scenes that's spilled out on the forum. Happens everywhere, even on my own site. After awhile I edit posts and move threads or hide them out of public view when I feel like it's getting out of hand. I'm actually surprised this thread hasn't been more moderated than it already is. It's cool tho cause it gives people something to complain about other than development updates. lol

What a shame. I really miss the positive excitement that we've had around here. Not sure what happened, or why.

EDIT - So it was actually indicated specifically who Brogan had an issue with?

Such a shame I am now being censored for speaking the truth.

For the record, my post here was edited by a staff member, not me: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/brogan.31293/page-6#post-358781
I think this whole situation is extremely sad. Paul, since you were a moderator here from the very start and have always been online for 20 hours out of every 24, I always assumed it was either a salaried position or at the very least you were obtaining a percentage of the sales. I do not understand why the site owners seem to have gone on "sabbatical" while leaving you out to face the angry mob.
The fact that a serious post can be edited, by staff, without any trace is really bad.
This place used to be all about the product with serious discussions about its features and extendibility potential.
Sadly it has since evolved into a free for all type of forum with mostly meaningless conversations.
Instead of a friendly and supportive environment, people just attack each other by attempting to degrade or insult them. Those who do not post, simply go around “liking” all of these shameful posts adding fuel to the fire.

It's starting to sound like they had a disagreement behind the scenes that's spilled out on the forum. Happens everywhere, even on my own site. After awhile I edit posts and move threads or hide them out of public view when I feel like it's getting out of hand. I'm actually surprised this thread hasn't been more moderated than it already is. It's cool tho cause it gives people something to complain about other than development updates. lol

Are you for real?

What a shame. I really miss the positive excitement that we've had around here. Not sure what happened, or why.

EDIT - So it was actually indicated specifically who Brogan had an issue with?

It merely said he felt Kier/Ashley had treated him poorly which is fair enough it seems. It didn't go into any details or air any dirty laundry, etc.

Are you for real?
Mn4wm.gif

Yep. Either they really don't know what they are doing and the only thing that will save them is the software (which it can easily) or they have a big plan and we are all going to be amazed at it (yep... right...).

I think this whole situation is extremely sad. Paul, since you were a moderator here from the very start and have always been online for 20 hours out of every 24, I always assumed it was either a salaried position or at the very least you were obtaining a percentage of the sales. I do not understand why the site owners seem to have gone on "sabbatical" while leaving you out to face the angry mob.
Just a bit of trivia... Paul wasn't a moderator from the very start. I was the first moderator, then Larry came on board.
Paul was added after a couple of months, quickly took the lead, and I stepped down (for other reasons).

Paul it is a shame to see you go, but I do understand. Take care.

This thread has not gotten out of hand, far from it. I don't even see people arguing with one another, only voicing their own opinion. So why should it be locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom