Add-on Beta testers for CMF (News/Portal/Blogs/Wiki/Tags)

Status
Not open for further replies.

guiltar

We with Yoskaldyr have been working for a while on the multi-addon which will grow in CMS some time. It is called CMF (Content Management Framework) because it is the most suitable description of all it's features.

It will be paid and expensive addon. The first beta will be ready in about 3 weeks and we are looking for beta testers. Beta-testers will have discounts and if you are interested please write in this thread.

First beta features:
  • News and Portal (example)
    • News can be set as index page
    • Top and Latest news
    • Moderators can promote news to the Top News section
    • Categories
    • News pages load by JSON (no content duplicates, SEO frendly)
  • Blogs
    • Blogs and articles are tweaked forums and threads
    • Personal blogs (example)
    • Thematic blogs (example)
    • Easy import from vB4 by standart importer
    • Easy content transform thread<->blog article, forum<->blog
  • Tags
    • Using XenForo FullText Search
    • Potential ability of using tags for any content
    • Works with huge amount of data
  • Threads and post tweaker
    • First post customization,
    • Comments customization,
    • Linear or Nested comments.
  • Router prefix customization
    • Own route prefix for any forum
    • Own route prefix for threads of any forum
  • Extra BbCodes
    • Markdown syntax support
    • Headers/Spoilers
    • Image Attachment Formatting - multisize thumbnails.
  • Sidebar widget system
    • Flexible configuration.
    • View params generated in controller
Almost done features:
  • Wiki
    • Guest-editable
    • Edit history
    • Auto-linking
    • TOC generation
Planned features:
  • CMS
  • Gallery
  • Events
Architecture. Addon has module structure. It's core plays the role of tweaker while blogs, diary, wiki are just a presets. We prefere to extend and tweak core entities (forums, threads, posts) instead of creating new ones. The reasons are following:
  • Compact code without repeating XenForo codebase.
  • Forum/Thread/Post features out of the box (moderation, report, etc.)
  • Easy import and content transform thread<->article<->wiki page
This addon will grow to CMS. Couple thoughts about is are in this thread.

Objectives. The main things on which we focus are the following:
  • Performance
  • SEO-friendly
  • Code quality

Count me in!

Questions:
Any ability to import from vb?
Cost? (I am not scared by reasonable price; "expensive" is kind of vague, but I believe in paying a fair price for a good quality product).

As for the wiki, one thing I have been thinking about is the ability to have keywords in posts link to wiki articles. Any plan to have this happen?

Count me in!

Questions:
Any ability to import from vb?
Cost? (I am not scared by reasonable price; "expensive" is kind of vague, but I believe in paying a fair price for a good quality product).

As for the wiki, one thing I have been thinking about is the ability to have keywords in posts link to wiki articles. Any plan to have this happen?
Import from vb is as easy as possible. Don't need any special script since articles are extended threads.
Cost - I will ask later. We are still discussing it.
As for wiki - yes it won't be a problem. Just proper setting of autolinking.

Does this mean that you will not utilize the Xenforo content types and just post e.g. a blog entry as a forum post?
guiltar has said he didn't want to make his own content types. His blog entries are forum posts, just used differently. I think this approach is best.

He mentioned his approach in this thread
xenforo.com/community/threads/cms-and-portal.29033/

Will the blogs be able to be mapped to different domain names?

Regardless, I'd love to test on a local installation.

guiltar has said he didn't want to make his own content types. His blog entries are forum posts, just used differently. I think this approach is best.

He mentioned his approach in this thread
xenforo.com/community/threads/cms-and-portal.29033/

Thanks for pointing this out, as a coder this is a reson for me to not buy this addon. It's a hack perfect fine for an addon used on a single site by the coder itself, but not for a standard addon where I expect the addon to use the infrastructure Xenforo is providing (and for a reason). This will hurt them in the long term.

where I expect the addon to use the infrastructure Xenforo is providing (and for a reason).
I think just the opposite. This is using *MORE* Xenforo infrastructure.
It's using: Watch, Like, What's New, Report, Reply, default Xenforo editor (ie. WYSIWYG editing), Upload a file, etc. etc. Because this Addon leverages the power of Threads and Posts ... it comes with all the default powers that come with native Xenforo threads and posts.

This also leverages all the addons that benefit Xenforo: xfrocks' Tag Me, etc.
As well, if Xenforo enhances it's forum posts .... this addon's blogs, wiki, portal etc will get those benefits.

More benefits:
- uses Xenforo's excellent default SEO. ( vB CMS SEO screw up anyone ? Ouch. )

The other approach - make a new content type - seems to be a much more expensive proposition - and require the coder to redo so much which is already available to Xenforo. Forinstance, Xenforo's own pages don't have a proper non-HTML editor, no Likes, no Comments. Ouch. Not very useful. Ragtek's enhanced pages is cool ... but is missing things because he's got to make everything from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom