Support FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
1. Where do I get support?
You can use the XenForo Manual, post in the Community support forums, or open a support ticket if you have an active license.

2. What do I do if I think I have found a bug?
Check that the problem doesn't occur on an unmodified style with no add-ons installed. Also, do a search first and check in the Resolved bug reports forum as it is possible that the problem you are encountering has already been reported. If it hasn't, please create a thread in the Bug reports forum.

3. I have a license yet I still can't post, view or download attachments in the Customer forums.
Ensure you have associated your forum user name with your customer account. If you used the same email address for both accounts, they will be synchronised automatically. It can take up to 10 minutes to process.

For any other questions you may have, check the Main FAQ, the Pre-Sales FAQ, or the XenForo Manual.

When posting a thread in this forum, please try and provide as much information as possible:

• the version of XenForo you are running
  • a list of all add-ons you have installed
  • any outdated templates or phrases
  • custom styles in use
  • confirmation that all add-ons and styles are compatible with the XenForo version you are running
  • whether the problem occurs in a specific browser, or more than one browser
  • whether the issue is experienced by all users or just some
  • browser add-ons in use, e.g. Adblock Plus, NoScript, etc.
  • any changes which were made prior to the problem occurring
  • details of any errors in the ACP server error log
  • steps to be taken to reproduce the problem and whether it can consistently be reproduced
  • confirmation whether the problem can be reproduced here on XenForo.com

The Troubleshooting section of the FAQ also contains some useful information and guidance: Frequently Asked Questions - Troubleshooting

There have been a lot of threads posted in this forum recently due to the recent 1.2 release.
In a lot of cases it is simply due to not being aware of the implications of upgrading and the actions which need to be taken.

I would therefore like to make everyone aware of this resource: How to upgrade to XenForo 1.2

If you are planning to upgrade or have already done so, please read through it.

Also this from the FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions - Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom