Battlefield 3 Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks nice although I would darken the default avatar icons.

I would choose battlefield3talk.com

That sounds like a good suggestion, I'll take a look at it.

By the way, the default URL is http://www.battlefield3talk.com, as http://www.bf3talk.com is just a forward url.
I wouldn't have done that.

You should've made bf3talk.com the main domain, because you had an opportunity to bank on trending keywords, and BF3 is one of them.

Now you have a generic domain name for well, a website. By having bf3talk.com as main domain, you're making your own brand, IMHO.

Part of the challenge of having bf3talk.com as your "brand" you're popularizing the keyterm. Site owners would die to have a domain name with keyterms in it. For example, I had someone come to me for selling mw3blog.com but I said no because I know the domain name is pretty powerful by itself.

I wouldn't have done that.

You should've made bf3talk.com the main domain, because you had an opportunity to bank on trending keywords, and BF3 is one of them.

Now you have a generic domain name for well, a website. By having bf3talk.com as main domain, you're making your own brand, IMHO.

Part of the challenge of having bf3talk.com as your "brand" you're popularizing the keyterm. Site owners would die to have a domain name with keyterms in it. For example, I had someone come to me for selling mw3blog.com but I said no because I know the domain name is pretty powerful by itself.

This is a change I've considered doing thanks to your input and will soon be pursuing it. I'd also like to note that we've launched a Battlefield: Bad Company 2 server for those that play the game on the PC, all the info is in our forums.

Soon I'll also be announcing a nice little promotion for those looking forward for Battlefield 3 and working on some other aspects of the site to bring a unique place for all those Battlefield fans and players.

If you are interested I own talkbattlefield3 and talkbf3...both .com's and would be willing to part with them cheap :)

This is a change I've considered doing thanks to your input and will soon be pursuing it. I'd also like to note that we've launched a Battlefield: Bad Company 2 server for those that play the game on the PC, all the info is in our forums.
Just remember, this change may affect your SE crawling, but if you aggressively market bf3talk.com on places you deem necessary, google and other SE's will crawl your site better. You have exactly 4 months to capitalize on this. Just remember to get bf3talk on facebook and twitter... like I do: Facebook/mw3blog and Twitter/mw3blog. If I were you, I'd look into my pages and see how I have managed to get more than 20k visits and pageviews in just 3 months.
Lucas said:
Soon I'll also be announcing a nice little promotion for those looking forward for Battlefield 3 and working on some other aspects of the site to bring a unique place for all those Battlefield fans and players.
Good idea! :) Good luck to you, man.

Hey guys,

I just wanted to come by and let you know that I've made the decision to help and support an already established BF3 community which has many plans for us fans and gamers. BF3Talk.com and Battlefield3Talk.com now redirect to http://battlefieldo.com

Check it out!

Hey guys,

I just wanted to come by and let you know that I've made the decision to help and support an already established BF3 community which has many plans for us fans and gamers. BF3Talk.com and Battlefield3Talk.com now redirect to http://battlefieldo.com

Check it out!
That's a bad idea, you're giving your traffic to that website.

Do you have problems with hosting? Because I would love nothing more than to buy those domains off you.
If you are interested I own talkbattlefield3 and talkbf3...both .com's and would be willing to part with them cheap :)
And you, too. Both of you PM me for details.

That's a bad idea, you're giving your traffic to that website.

Do you have problems with hosting? Because I would love nothing more than to buy those domains off you.

And you, too. Both of you PM me for details.

That's the point. I'm sorry I won't be selling them anytime soon.

That's the point. I'm sorry I won't be selling them anytime soon.
B...but...why? Isn't the point making your own site...

....making money?
....making the site a popular destination?
....being a well known writer?

There are many reasons for making your own site... redirecting to another site, one that you probably don't own means that you may not have control over your domain's popularity, control over the website in question, or an opportunity to make money... or simply make your own community..

I donno man. Your choice. I'm sorry I gave my 2 cents. :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom