Any plans for a CMS?

gmaister22

The reason i still haven't moved to xenForo is that you guys do not have an IP.Content replacement...

Are there any plans for it?

A CMS will come in due time. I like how xenforo is run. They only add features when they've really managed to perfect them. So, I think they'll make a CMS that is truely a CMS and not just a portal.

While Mike is busy perfecting the XF1.x with improvements, Kier has holed himself away in his secret laboratory to work on the perfect CMS. This will be unveiled some time soon along with the XF1.2

In fact even I am waiting for a the official CMS to get rid of Wordpress.

Disclaimer: some parts of the information mentioned above may be fictional in nature and the author should not be held responsible for any unfounded expectations

While Mike is busy perfecting the XF1.x with improvements, Kier has holed himself away in his secret laboratory to work on the perfect CMS. This will be unveiled some time soon along with the XF1.2

In fact even I am waiting for a the official CMS to get rid of Wordpress.

Disclaimer: some parts of the information mentioned above may be fictional in nature and the author should not be held responsible for any unfounded expectations

First person I officially declare my enemy on this site!!

grrrr I had to read 2x to spot the disclaimer! :ROFLMAO:

(back to Wordpress + XF )

By having more developers you could have a Team A working on Forum development and a Team B working on a CMS, Gallery or what ever. Thus you will have a faster development, talking about huge difference, thus since the software is awesome will have more people get interested into it, thus more money. Not ideas, logic...
You volunteering?

Both vB and IPB didn't have nearly as much features / add-ons as XF in their third year of development. Also there was a lawsuit to deal with. So this is really comparing apples and oranges.

I agree that to stay competitive, XF has to build a CMS, gallery, etc. But let the devs take their time and do it right. Right now they have told us that the focus is on the forum.

CMS, Blogs, Gallery etc etc, should always remain 3rd party.. Have you not learned anything from vBulletin 4? vB3 was an amazing product.. IB bloated vB4 with all that stuff and look what garbage the product became.
IPB is also another example. While they're able to offer a lot of products there are a lot of missing features and oversights in a lot of the official add-ons.

Just because something hasn't been done properly previously doesn't mean these guys can't do it. Four years ago would you have thought XF was possible?

I think if they do one, and personally I hope they do, it will be a while down the track and will be done properly.

1 developer.... 2 developers... 20 developers.... does it really mean? I don't think so. Whats really important was the lawsuit, and thats over.

My web has only one person (me), and if not in visits/big community... yes in quality content is better than other famous magazines in my country.

I don'k know IPB, but Vbulletin yes, and if more developers = Vbulletin...... I want zero developers!!:LOL:

xenForo have any new idea about new CMS like vb social ?

I doubt we will see a CMS Anytime soon since no offcial mention or hint of it has been posted. 1.1.5 minor bug fixes are due for release and then the next big update will be 1.2 so I can't see a CMS anytime soon. A staff member will pop in and clarify/dismiss what I said as I could be wrong and a CMS is planned but i doubt you'll hear about it yet if it was.

uGHTAwF.png

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-roadmap.45893/#post-493531

Top Bottom