Lack of interest Admin CP user management could be improved

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

yoghurtfarmer

I feel this section could be improved and needs to be reworked. Managing users is quite difficult under the current set up.

Right now, everything's in one column and that one column is clickable, which makes it difficult to quickly copy and paste details for multiple users.

Currently -
Username and email address (clickable, can't highlight) | Permissions | Ban User

A sortable multicolumn approach seems more functional to me, something like this:

Proposed -
Username (not clickable) | Email Address | Join Date | Usergroup | Edit User | Permissions | Ban User

Sort by email address and search by email address seems to be lacking. There also needs to be a way to mass delete users, maybe a checkbox somewhere?

Added a mock up:

useradmincp.webp

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
When deleting a user, it would be great to have an option to:

Delete all threads + posts
Delete only posts but leave threads
Leave all threads + posts (this is what XenForo currently does, but the other options are important)

Well currently you can do the following easily:

• List All Users
  • Newest registration
  • Recently Active
  • Most Posts
  • Email
  • Primary usergroup
  • Secondary usergrup
  • Visited since
  • Message count at least X
  • User state
As for the list of users to be honest I like it clean how it is currently, maybe the join date could be under the search options but on the "List all users" I don't see a need for their email address there or join date to be honest. As for the mass delete I myself wouldn't necessarily need that unless its for spambots but even then it the red x is extremely fast to use.

Oops, you can search for email, missed that option, but there's no SORT by email either AFAIK.

There's also a sort option for join date.

However, it takes a lot more clicks to get things done than before because there's only one column. I understand some might prefer this but I don't thinks very functional.

Sometimes I want to go through the whole user list, copy an email address or username WITHOUT having to click on it first and get sent to another page.

Well currently you can do the following easily:

• List All Users
  • Newest registration
  • Recently Active
  • Most Posts
  • Email
  • Primary usergroup
  • Secondary usergrup
  • Visited since
  • Message count at least X
  • User state
As for the list of users to be honest I like it clean how it is currently, maybe the join date could be under the search options but on the "List all users" I don't see a need for their email address there or join date to be honest. As for the mass delete I myself wouldn't necessarily need that unless its for spambots but even then it the red x is extremely fast to use.

I've added a mock up to demonstrate what I mean.

User Group is less important.

The most important for me would be username, email, and join date (tend to keep an eye on new users).

The most important for me would be username, email, and join date (tend to keep an eye on new users).
Join date is very important.
I had to clear out a bunch of spamming users and if I could have searched by join date, it would have helped.

Can't believe this thread is a year old. :)

Registration date is ESSENTIAL. Oh dear that is disastrous it's not there. I'll have to wait to import over.

It basically needs a rework. I'm sure they would plan on it and I'm also sure there are much more important things.

However I do wonder why click and drag ordering is not in yet, was sure that was something that would get into 1.1.

Top Bottom