• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have implemented something like this for the next release. The approach is a bit different though. Importantly, it maintains compatibility with anywhere that is adding a tab. You then choose the "position" of the tab (home, middle, or end currently); this approach allows more flexibility while maintaining backwards compatibility.

If a user has an explicit home page URL entered, the "home" button will always appear and link to that page. If they don't enter a URL, then "home" will not appear and it will fall back to the first of the tabs in the home position; if there are none, it will use the forum tab as the home.

The above is not quoted from this thred! But looks like beta 4 will have better menu options :D

Full credit to Jaxel for pushing the issue! Who knows if we would of got this feature at all without him?

I dont know exactly what this is but im licking my chops already. Every update has been very cool and different, cant wait for the next version of the portal and medio!
From what it looks like, it looks like you can order the modules into one of three columns.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.0.4 CHANGE LOG
PLEASE UNINSTALL ALL PREVIOUS VERSION OF THIS MOD BEFORE UPGRADING!
DONT FORGET TO DELETE YOUR CURRENT /library/EWRporta/ FOLDER AS WELL!

Notes:
  • This is a large rewrite of the old code, please make sure to uninstall the previous versions!
  • Modules have been moved to "Blocks" folder to avoid confusion...
  • You can now set your module locations to "top", "center", "left" and "right".
  • Recent News and Recent Threads have been removed from the base code and added into Modules.
  • You can now select MULTIPLE forums in the "Recent News" module.
  • Class names and Template names have been changed to be identical to "EWRporta_Block_{module_name}"

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.0.4 CHANGE LOG
PLEASE UNINSTALL ALL PREVIOUS VERSION OF THIS MOD BEFORE UPGRADING!
DONT FORGET TO DELETE YOUR CURRENT /library/EWRporta/ FOLDER AS WELL!

Notes:
  • This is a large rewrite of the old code, please make sure to uninstall the previous versions!
  • Modules have been moved to "Blocks" folder to avoid confusion...
  • You can now set your module locations to "top", "center", "left" and "right".
  • Recent News and Recent Threads have been removed from the base code and added into Modules.
  • You can now select MULTIPLE forums in the "Recent News" module.
  • Class names and Template names have been changed to be identical to "EWRporta_Block_{module_name}"

You are the MAN!!! Cant wait to try this out

For anyone who wants to see a small demo with a different layout here is my site. Feel free to register and play around! I know there is a menu hack but I am waiting until beta 4. Is there a way to remove the hometab and shift the 'active' latest news tab over the start?

http://www.mmazone.com.au/community

Site is still in development, waiting for stable XF release.

Third story down has the picture over the top of the four story down for me. Looks like if there is only one line to the post that the attachment will break the style.

Third story down has the picture over the top of the four story down for me. Looks like if there is only one line to the post that the attachment will break the style.

Just noticed that. Could be cuz the post is too short. Jaxel any input?

Same here. And some of the words in the tag (character) cloud are being cut off.

Otherwise, this looks really nice.

Also, we just updated it on our test portal and it looks like the style of the title for each of the modules/blocks changes if you have them on the left or on the sidebar, etc.

ddmmh, on yours you can see that the title of "Recent Media" is different than "Character Cloud"

Same here. And some of the words in the tag (character) cloud are being cut off.

Otherwise, this looks really nice.

Thanks Peggy :). I think thats the way its always been hasnt it? Can anyone confirm about the tag cloud? I think that is normal.

As for the small style issues I think will be fixed with the next template update hopefully!

Also, we just updated it on our test portal and it looks like the style of the title for each of the modules/blocks changes if you have them on the left or on the sidebar, etc.

ddmmh, on yours you can see that the title of "Recent Media" is different than "Character Cloud"

I see what your saying. Should all titles be the same font size etc??? Is it my style or were you having similar issues?

I am looking forward to trying this out on my new site. I think I'll install it next week and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom