• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you import the xml via 'install addon'?
the portal should be the last item listed in 'options'

View attachment 6203
Yes, I imported the xml via "install addon." I just don't have that option show up at the bottom of options. Now, I am stumped. Thanks for the help, though.

EDIT:
LOL, double face palm....it was there, I just didn't see the scroll bar on the right side...so it wasn't appearing at first look. :oops:

in acp go to options and scroll to the bottom to access portal options. disable the home tab there (the portals tabs), then edit your other home tab in xenforo options to whatever you want it to be

Okay, this works now (or rather, I figured out what my mistake was and could make it work). This is better to me than having the HOME tab to the right of Forums. But, I lose the subnavigation links, like What's new, Recent Activity, etc.
Any simple way to get this back? I am sure it is probably a template edit...I just have no idea how I would do this (or if this is advisable or if there is a better solution). Thanks!

Not entirely sure how much this has already been done, but your mods are pretty awesome and would really benefit (in my opinion) from being fully integrated with each other as well as with the forum software. Stuff like having the tag cloud on the media page, wiki, regular forum, and so on so you'll have everything the same way... or being able to select the newest video's from anywhere on the forum... or being able to use video's in your wiki pages... well and so on. If everything was working together, this would most likely be just too awesome.

Any plans for something like that?

All good threads eventually die.
It starts with the developer actively engaging users, adding features and updating everyone.
Eventually, the addon thread becomes a support thread. Except the information is horribly scattered such that no one can find the information.

It doesn't make sense to "Develop and Support and Plan and Test and Demo" an addon in one thread.
It's an information and usability disaster.

I'd say right about now is when we'll start getting questions, that were answered a few pages ago. Then regular users will b*tch "Read the thread - it's been answered". Addon users won't give feedback as well as they should on core issues, because it is to hard to do so. Same old, same old.

So, instead of describing the problem why not contribute to the solution?

For example, instead of posting the previous post, you could've made a post with FAQs in it as an 'info point' to help organize things on the thread.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.0.3 CHANGELOG
  • Recent Threads list will now properly handle permissions for private forums
  • New media modules for v1.0.3 of my XenMedio (Media) addon

So, instead of describing the problem why not contribute to the solution?
For example, instead of posting the previous post, you could've made a post with FAQs in it as an 'info point' to help organize things on the thread.
and then no one would find it, when this thread is on page 10.
If you read the Xen threads, you'll see I do document specific things from time to time - with screenshots and explanations. You might not know that becaue the information is not findable.
I'll happily contribute to a wiki documenting any Xen Product. I won't throw my time away documenting in this thread - it never works, never has, never will.

Thanks Jaxel for updated version - permissions work fine now.

I still cannot import any modules, I'm getting the known error:

Server Error

SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: /tmp/phpVHh9iU:16: parser error : ParsePI: PI php never end ...
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. SimpleXMLElement->__construct() in EWRporta/Model/Modules.php at line 63
  3. EWRporta_Model_Modules->importModule() in EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Portal.php at line 80
  4. EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Portal->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /*********/public_html/forum/index.php at line 15
Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks Jaxel for updated version - permissions work fine now.

I still cannot import any modules, I'm getting the known error:

Any ideas how to solve this?
i am guessing you are trying to import the files in the 'modules' folder.
dont, you should have uploaded that folder already.
instead, import the files in the xml directory

Yeah, the error looks like it's trying to read a file starting with "<?php"
The PI in the error stands for processing instruction, which is what's inside of <? ?> in XML files. So, the parser sees a processing instruction named "php" that never ends (with ?>).

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!
Problem solved.

The install module shoud be library/EWRporta/xml

The error is due to install module in library/EWRporta/modules

We are misleaded by the path name.

Yes, the /modules/ folder is actually just a /model/ folder that has been segregated to avoid confusion for developers. Unfortunately, it looks like it created confusion for administrators who aren't developers themselves... primarily those who don't speak English as their native language and thusly were unable to read the module instructions.

Ouch. My bad. Thanks for clearing that up for us guys. :)

Jaxel, your instructions are PERFECTLY clear, no need to believe that someone (even with poor english) won't understand them.

It's just us jumping ahead without readin them :)

Hi Jaxel,

Sorry if this was already mentioned! I had a quick look through this post but couldnt find anything.

My navbar is a bit messed up.. instead of saying portal it says 'home' again. Is this a known issue? I see the portal has the option to disable the navigation tab. Ive disabled the navigation tab for the portal and changed my xenforo hometab to point to the portal which is working fine for me now. Just wanted to know is this a issue that only i am having? And if so how can I fix it lol? Thanks for your time.

xen_portal.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom