• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
xenportal, i have recent news on the front page so when i promote a thread, if i dont have any pictures in there it uses my avatar, can i turn that off

Jaxel, fantastic mod.

Just getting to grips with it, cant wait for 1.1 to see your updated addons.

Noticed a problem where the 'Help' link appears in the main navigation bar but also in the subnav, not sure of the name. If you look at my site you'll see it straight away. Probably something I've done somehow but wondering if its an easy fix. :)

Can I just say what a beautiful addon this really is, this is 1000 times better than a certain other Suite solution and you're one man as far as I'm aware. It does exactly what I need it to do in a way that doesn't make me feel like an idiot. I mean I have this up and running in 24 hours, I spent months on the other solution and couldn't get anything I was happy leaving on my site.

Xx

you want me to become a dentist and pull some teeth here... ????

Ok, here ya go, sorry, just didn't think it would interest anyone else and went on my way. =)

This will ONLY work on the beta version (1.5.0) of XenPorta. Feel free to do with it what you will, make it better and send me a copy! =)

Short version of what this does

Displays all of the tweets that come into a Twitter List of your creation. I use this to display news about specific topics, but by following specific people, not a general hash tag or search.

Other stuff

I created this, then decided I wanted to know how Jaxel did some of his formatting, then when I opened his default twitter block, I realized, it's almost the same thing. So at that point, I tweaked my module block to use his twitter.css file and general styling.

Configuration

You'll need to edit all of the values to suit, like colors and whatnot. Those could be options, but as I said, I'm leaving tomorrow and didn't have time to do that yet in order to get this to you before then.

The primary things you'll need to do.

Create a twitter list (https://support.twitter.com/articles/76460-how-to-use-twitter-lists)

Then, edit the module, at the bottom change "TwitterAccountName" to your Twitter account name you want to display, and "listname" to the name of the list you created on that account.

Everything else should be cosmetic.

Attachments

Jaxel, fantastic mod.

Just getting to grips with it, cant wait for 1.1 to see your updated addons.

Noticed a problem where the 'Help' link appears in the main navigation bar but also in the subnav, not sure of the name. If you look at my site you'll see it straight away. Probably something I've done somehow but wondering if its an easy fix. :)
Had a look at Jaxels site, it has the same thing.

Help.webp

I'm sorry , I know that it's a stupud question, but I cannot find a page where I cand add, move or delete widgets for the portal, and also set the categories for the homepage posts!
Thanks!

EDIT I found it out, I had to set the usergrup permissions for the adminstrators ;)

You're right, never noticed that before. Will have to wait for a Jaxel fix for that one unless you want to edit files/templates.

:)
I wouldn't mind editing templates, provided I knew which template to look at. I'm waiting for 1.1 to rollout then updating to his latest additions, can't wait.

Come to think of it the only mods I have installed have all been released by him.

I wouldn't mind editing templates, provided I knew which template to look at. I'm waiting for 1.1 to rollout then updating to his latest additions, can't wait.

Come to think of it the only mods I have installed have all been released by him.

Have you seen this one? It's still beta but works very well. Haven't tried it on 1.1 beta 3 yet but it seems fine on 1.1 beta 2

Renada :)

Have you seen this one? It's still beta but works very well. Haven't tried it on 1.1 beta 3 yet but it seems fine on 1.1 beta 2

Renada :)
Hey Renada,

Yeah I'm keeping an eye on it but I'm not converting my main site until 1.1 is officially released, main reason being I'm waiting for the skin I'm using to also be updated. :)

anyway if you don't want to wait, here is the template:
EWRporta_Navtabs
Remove the line
HTML:
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'help'}">{xen:phrase help}</a></li>

That's sorted it.

Out of interest, is there any easy way to tell what template to edit in future?
Erm... I just can give you one hint: all of jaxels templates begin with EWR - EightWayRun.. the rest ist guessing... if you spend a bit time, you'll get your start-to-search templates... for example the PAGE_CONTAINER, which loads a lot of other templates... the template hooks makes it a little difficult sometimes but luckily, the addons authors give them good names... You can also search the addon XMLs, that you have to install.. this is also a "restore" option. Copy & Paste from the XML to the template.
Side note: keep in mind that you should avoid the template edits, because of updating and maintain it can be a little stressful and the templates may change with each version

Sometimes the only way to achieve what you want is through template edits, this is a good example. I could wait for Jaxel to update it, I'm sure he will but for the sake of a quick edit Im just as well doing it myself.

Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom